Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

2 members and 3,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: whats wrong with these guys?

thank you for the advice. we'll see how it goes with the inspections. cross the fingers for failure.
    1.2 Het Ghost, Frank; Normals, Delilah and No-Name
    1.0 African Clawed Frog, Casper
    2.0 Sliders, Stewie and Spike

Thanks

Take action and report it. Also jot down notes of all you have seen and the conversations you recall. If you are ever called as a witness to a case you want facts, not what you maybe remember.Every day you wait could cost another life. Don't mean to sound harsh, it's just a reality.You may not make any friends there, but the ones who can't speak for themselves willbe grateful.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose
    Take action and report it. Also jot down notes of all you have seen and the conversations you recall. If you are ever called as a witness to a case you want facts, not what you maybe remember.Every day you wait could cost another life. Don't mean to sound harsh, it's just a reality.You may not make any friends there, but the ones who can't speak for themselves willbe grateful.

Keep us posted.
    Very good call. Awesome post.

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

the problem is...

this is an internship/direct individual study for school. its my LAST class that i MUST HAVE in order to get my degree from FSU. if i get fired or this place goes under for any reason, i fail the class and wont graduate in august, and will have to stay another semester for another class.

Thanks

It's your call. That call could be a hard one. Good luck.

Thanks

Maybe explain things to the dean. Sometimes doing the right thing can be worked out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose
    Maybe explain things to the dean. Sometimes doing the right thing can be worked out.
    I agree

I was really hoping that you'd be able to do some great things at that place but once you started saying the owner didn't want things to change it was clear that he is a hoarder.

I'd suggest contacting as many people as you can and letting them know what exactly is going on at this place. The more rescues/shelters/whatever that know about it the better. Those animals need to be taken somewhere that they can actually get help. If you know who is doing the inspection I'd call them and let them know how concerned you are and maybe they can get there quicker.

Thanks

thanks guys. im just gonna gave to keep asking him and asking him about BASIC needs like uvb and FOOD until he lets me do them myself. he says he hasnt fed the snakes or released the turtles cause "hes too busy".

im tired of :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:ing and waking up thinking of nothing but this place. sorry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherHonda
    the problem is...

this is an internship/direct individual study for school. its my LAST class that i MUST HAVE in order to get my degree from FSU. if i get fired or this place goes under for any reason, i fail the class and wont graduate in august, and will have to stay another semester for another class.
    Your school has the students go to this "place" to learn? Are they aware of the POOR conditions these reptiles are kept in? If so they need to be smacked in the back of the head .What are you learning? As i see it your learning the WRONG lessons attending this place.Now this is not a slam towards you by no means .I say turn these people in and do every living creature there a favor!
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

i think you need to talk to a dean about how far below standard this place is, and then you need to call the permitting people, and the ASPCA, or whoever, and get something done about this. take lots of pictures to document what's going on in just in case, but something needs to be done, i agree with what has been said so far, and that you should do something. if you're afraid of this guy somehow retaliating, there are ways that you can tell people anonymously. either way, something must be done, that's just awful, i'd lose sleep too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast