Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
she handles all the babies... regardless of whether or not they'll be food in the end. i teach her to give them the best possible life... while they are alive. treat them with love, feed them really well and care for them by providing a clean home. as it's not the length of life which matters... it's the quality!

i wish i did know someone else who keeps ratties (in very good form)... that's not the case, so she'll just have to add some from the pups we have.

fortunately, most of our breeders are not related, so we have a very diverse genetic pool. i would love to get another healthy rattie pup or two though... i'll keep my eyes open!
Sorry to hear you lost your breeder/pet. So far I've only lost one pregnant breeder, one of my first rats
couldn't agree more in quote, I treat all my rodents, especially the bunnies and rats like pets. Just cause they are cuddly, unlike most of my animals, and because some of them actually go to pet homes at shows. I love collecting different rat colors in my colonies, lol.