Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,140

2 members and 3,138 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

neeeed some feeders

I have been unable to get any of my snakes on to F/T, as they are very picky and will only eat live...thus presenting my problem. I live in Loudoun County, Virginia and the only place I can find live is at Petco...and we all know how much that sucks. This is the second week in a row they haven't had a rat for my bigger BP. So my question: is there anybody in/around Loudoun county (Leesburg to be specific) that breeds rats (small smalls) and wants to get rid of some? If so, please let me know because it's not a good feeling when your snakes can't eat due to lack of rodents.
    2.0 Normal BPs (The Admiral, Ray Mysterio Jr. )
    1.0 Normal Cornsnake (Jellybean)

Thanks

Re: neeeed some feeders

That's so frustrating, I'm so lucky to have show near me. And i breed my own rodents. Even so, if i don't have the properly sized live rodent for one snake, I will 'double meal' them, but thawing a rodent the right size when i give them the live one. and when they are swallowing the butt of the smaller live meal, introduce the head of the thawed one. A very low-stress way to get more food in them. Expecially since they aren't wasting energy completely constricting a new meal item, but getting the benefits of it. It's also helped getting them on f/t permanently.
    Sara Gatto
    www.MezcladoReptilia.com

“Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.” -Eric Hoffer