Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,361

1 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dog trainers?

Thanks

Re: Dog trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by jar2476
    as i did susan, per my pm to you....lol
    Nope. Aleesha was quicker.

She caught my original, you caught my "opps" post while I tried to edit it.

Not sure what I was thinking (as per my pm to you....lol )

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

what was wrong with your post??? seems fine to me
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Nope. Aleesha was quicker.

She caught my original, you caught my "opps" post while I tried to edit it.

Not sure what I was thinking (as per my pm to you....lol )
    Joe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    what was wrong with your post??? seems fine to me

For some reason I thought I was replying to a PM from Joe.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

hahahaha either too much or not enough coffee!!!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

it happens...but i just havent seen it happen.....hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts

For some reason I thought I was replying to a PM from Joe.
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

The freezer comment was referring to the dog running loose. I suspect that she(like me) has seen plenty of dogs dead, injured to the point of death and put down after being allowed to run loose. Which she stated wasn't a concern, despite the fact that NOW the dog is crated.
    quote: and the dogs are only loose during the day (we do not have a completed fence, which is another reason why) during work. The dogs stay near the house,
    Endquote

It's harsh for me to state the truth in this matter, but hugging the OP and saying, "Oh you poor thing", isn't going to help the dog either.
    Neither of us said we wanted the dog put down, we BOTH said we wanted the dog helped BEFORE you had it.
    You posted wanting advice, and were given it. Just because I didn't hold your hand and say "Oh honey, it's all fine" doesn't mean I'm unconcerned. If I was unconcerned I'd of ignored the thread.
    I don't cosset people, and I don't sugarcoat stuff when it concerns an animal's safety. Cesear Milan's stuff is amazing BUT it only works when applied over all, and consistantly and forever. You can't make the dog behave for a day or two, then go back to how things were, and not expect the behavior to resurface. That's what he preachs, but lots of his viewers overlook that.
    He'd also be the first to tell you, walking is not enough exercise especially for a active breed like a boxer, so I hope you are doing more than walking and crating. Using his techniques consistantly and forever should give you a wonderful pet that will be happy and healthy and well-adjusted.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

With responses like that I'm sorry I posted. I really don't need tough love. I understand the seriousness of the situation and I don't know how to make it clearer that I am taking action.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel
    With responses like that I'm sorry I posted. I really don't need tough love. I understand the seriousness of the situation and I don't know how to make it clearer that I am taking action.
    Please understand where I'm coming from. I work at a veterinary ER where I see hit by car dogs just about every night. They come in broken, bleeding, maimed...often irreperably. And the ones that we can save usually cost so much to fix that the owners put them down anyway.

During the client interview to establish a case history, I always ask them "How did the dog get out?" and the majority of the time people say "Oh, we don't need a fence because he never roams/we live in the country/it's a really quiet neighborhood". It's a cop-out, a failure to take responsibility for this animal they have chosen to care for.

I have personally handled and euthanized hundreds of hit-by-car animals. I've got pictures I could show you...legs peeled off, splintered bones, a dog with no face left, a dog with a flat head and brains oozing out the ears, a dog who's guts fell out when we lifted him out of the car. All of that suffering and death preventable, if the people had just kept them home.

So don't tell me that it's okay that they run loose because in your neighborhood nobody ever speeds and no dog ever leaves that miraculously safe zone. I don't buy it, and if it's my neighborhood and I catch your dog loose, you can find her at the pound.

That sounds harsh, and it is...because their safety is worth it.

PS: Daddy rocks my world, and Cesar is even hotter in person.
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    Please understand where I'm coming from. I work at a veterinary ER where I see hit by car dogs just about every night. They come in broken, bleeding, maimed...often irreperably. And the ones that we can save usually cost so much to fix that the owners put them down anyway.

During the client interview to establish a case history, I always ask them "How did the dog get out?" and the majority of the time people say "Oh, we don't need a fence because he never roams/we live in the country/it's a really quiet neighborhood". It's a cop-out, a failure to take responsibility for this animal they have chosen to care for.

I have personally handled and euthanized hundreds of hit-by-car animals. I've got pictures I could show you...legs peeled off, splintered bones, a dog with no face left, a dog with a flat head and brains oozing out the ears, a dog who's guts fell out when we lifted him out of the car. All of that suffering and death preventable, if the people had just kept them home.

So don't tell me that it's okay that they run loose because in your neighborhood nobody ever speeds and no dog ever leaves that miraculously safe zone. I don't buy it, and if it's my neighborhood and I catch your dog loose, you can find her at the pound.

That sounds harsh, and it is...because their safety is worth it.

PS: Daddy rocks my world, and Cesar is even hotter in person.
    Jess, I don't know what else to say. I keep saying I'm trying to remedy the problem, I'm trying to get the fence repaired, I'm kenneling the dogs. I don't need the scare tactics, and frankly, it's pretty much making me sick to my stomach. I've had dogs that were hit by cars before. I grew up on a farm, I've seen gore, I've seen favorite animals maimed and reduced to something unrecognizable due to trauma. I really don't need to be 'scared straight.' I don't need to SEE PICTURES, why would you even say that?? I don't know what to say to you -- I accept responsibility for what has happened and I'm trying to set things right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast