Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,271

1 members and 3,270 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

"Non-Venomous Snakes Inside"

So I was thinking today and thought it may be a good idea to post some kind of sign in my room, on the door, on the racks, or somewhere close by so that just in case some freak accident happens (Hurricane, earthquake, fire, flood or whatever mother nature wants to throw in my direction), anyone, such as fire fighters or rescue workers who enter my room will know that the animals I have are not poisonous and can handle them without fear of being killed.

Do you guys do this at all?

Thanks

Re: "Non-Venomous Snakes Inside"

Alot of people label all enclosure with the common name, scientific name, and either venomous or non-venomous.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

What about those signs you can get for your front window or door that has an outline of a cat, dog, etc. and says rescue me on it. Sure you could do something like that with a snake.

Thanks

We did this at our old home..I need to get lil signs for this place...although they signs were not large enough to list "3 hamsters...2 ferrets...2 guinie pigs (one should not have hair lol) 3 hairless rats....1 BP...2 cornsnakes...3 cats....1 rooster....and a 120 gallon's worth of salt water fish...along with a 55 gallon...30 gallon and 10 gallon" (and this was in a no pet condo ib Boca Raton LOL...but yeah I need to order new signs ASAP...great thread Nate!!!
    I rack my husbands balls & show my rack on Ball-Pythons.net
    ~I make girls with balls look good~

Qiksilver "
    yes, watch your children, I'll convert them to satanism..."

Banned
    Thanks

Get the rattle snake, would be funny to see all the firefighters run out of the home screaming their is a snake in the house.....well, actually, if your house is on fire, it wouldnt be funny at all, but the mental image itself is funny.

What about burglers? We all hear about the moron burglers that break into a home and break their ankle and sued the owners and win, or get locked in the garage and have to live off dog food and sued cause the home owner didnt have food in there and win, or what about the one that fell through the skylight and broke his leg and sued and won? If someone broke in and got bit by a poisonious snake and lived, think they would be able to sue the home owner since they didnt have warnings posted?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes
    Get the rattle snake, would be funny to see all the firefighters run out of the home screaming their is a snake in the house.....well, actually, if your house is on fire, it wouldnt be funny at all, but the mental image itself is funny.

What about burglers? We all hear about the moron burglers that break into a home and break their ankle and sued the owners and win, or get locked in the garage and have to live off dog food and sued cause the home owner didnt have food in there and win, or what about the one that fell through the skylight and broke his leg and sued and won? If someone broke in and got bit by a poisonious snake and lived, think they would be able to sue the home owner since they didnt have warnings posted?
    I'm sorry the dog food one cracks me up. And I wouldnt put it past anyone as far as getting bit and sueing goes.
    I rack my husbands balls & show my rack on Ball-Pythons.net
    ~I make girls with balls look good~

Qiksilver "
    yes, watch your children, I'll convert them to satanism..."

Thanks

Advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer but wish you didn't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    Man, FF you're on fire lately..Your posts are hillarious.

Good idea Nate..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanledet
    So I was thinking today and thought it may be a good idea to post some kind of sign in my room, on the door, on the racks, or somewhere close by so that just in case some freak accident happens (Hurricane, earthquake, fire, flood or whatever mother nature wants to throw in my direction), anyone, such as fire fighters or rescue workers who enter my room will know that the animals I have are not poisonous and can handle them without fear of being killed.

Do you guys do this at all?
    You were thinking :eek: :eek: . I thought i smelled smoke .Yea that might save you a few problems in the case something happened but some people will not read the sign and still freakout .
    Joe Haggard