Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,146

0 members and 3,146 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Python Escape Artist

Well, it happened in December but me and Steph (fiance who is scared of snakes that arent in tanks) went to Outback Steakhouse around 10pm and then went to her work (Great American Pub) down the street for a few drinks.

Then we came home about 12:30 and got changed and then plopped ourselves on the counch and were watching TV for about an hour.

We noticed our 1 year old cat "Bubby" was really skitish. Every move we made he would be scared, sorta like crouching down and looking all over behind him and what not.

She takes him in the kitchen and notices that he was shaking really bad.

I stood up and was like "OH CRAP!". I told her the snake (3 foot ball python) wasnt in his tank and to go in the bedroom and shut the door cause I didnt want the cat to freak anymore. She goes "hell no, what if he is in there". lol

I lifted up the couch and noticed that the snake was just chilling there up against the wall, so I slid him out put the couch down and put him in his tank.

Then I got the cat, put him on the kitchen table to see if there were any injuries around his neck, face, etc. Luckily there wasnt.

I have a 75 gallon tank with a metal screen lid that is supposed to be held down on each side. He must of been poking around and lifted up one of the corners.

She was flipping out on me. I told her there was most likely not an altercation between them. I think possibly what happened was the Bubby seen the snake making his escape and then backed off and watched him slither under the couch.

Or worst case scenario, Bubby may of went over took a swipe at him, then the snake took a strike at him then went under the couch.

And bought a more heavy duty screen lid. So there is now 2 screen lids (one that slides in and one over top) and 4 clips.

Thanks

Re: Python Escape Artist

I'd be more worried about the snake than the cat... good thing he wasn't out very long. The snake might've gotten too cold(RI) or worse... Bubby might've had a nice snack.

A 75 gal is really big for a BP... how is your set up?