Nag is my first BP, so I apologize for all the first timer questions, but I just want what's best for him, and asking the pet store kids doesn't really help! When he came to me he came with his tank and all his mites and stuff, and the guy told me he was eating adult mice (f/t) I tried to switch him to rat pups, but he refused both times they were offered, but struck just fine for the mice. (the corn actually refused the rat pinkies too! maybe they don't like rats!?) I'd tried to switch after hearing about the health benefits (or the arguments that there are some ) but then it doesn't matter if he won't touch them... but while watching him eat, I wonder if he doesn't need 2 smaller things still since he's still so small! He's an 06 who was 135 grams last month at the vet, but he's eaten 2x (refused 2x with the rats) and shed and gotten rid of his mites since then, so he should be on track to grow...

Here is a pic of him eating a small mouse last weekend. He did not soak afterwards and is doing fine... (hasn't soaked or really roamed the tank since kicking the mites- I never really see him out- is that normal?) maybe it's just me! I just see that his neck is normally only as big around as one of my little stubby fingers and then it goes to this size, and I know he wouldn't get perfectly sized meals in the wild, but he wouldn't get dead meals dangled for him either! (I feed in a separate enclosure because I don't want blood and gore in his tank under that light it seems like it'd be a bit dirty for him- I'll continue to do so as long as he keeps eating in his separate enclosure.)