Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

3 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Lightbulb Case of the tasty BP

Alright, so I was surfing bp.net as usual with my gal hangin on my shoulder and she's found what she thinks is a new hide. You see, I'm one of those people that when I zone out my mouth sorta hangs open (I know, not very professional, luckily i keep it under control out of the house ), and she thinks slithering into my mouth is just the coolest thing to do. Now, of course i don't let her for many reasons, the least of which is diseases, however she's really persistant. this is a realatively new behaviour but its gettin annoyin real fast. lol.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Case of the tasty BP

small, warm, dark, humid hide every thing a ball needs..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Well...all I can say is that if she ever does make it in...pictures are required
    Sean

Thanks

Yea, I would have imagined they'd know NOT to slither into a larger creatures mouth, yet this appears to not be the case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lord jackel
    Well...all I can say is that if she ever does make it in...pictures are required

30 inch snake in a human mouth? I wonder what the world record is!

Thanks

Oh that is too funny Ben! Our Rionnach has always had a crazy fascination with human orifices. She will always check out mouths, ears, nostrils, belly buttons, basically anywhere she can poke her snout into or tongue flick at. Boy is that ticklish on the ears and a snake tongue up the nose makes you sneeze! She always persists and you just have to finally push her away. (no Rionnach, we don't store rats in our ears thank you very much!)
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    (no Rionnach, we don't store rats in our ears thank you very much!)
    Lol Joanna! Havn't you heard how the inuits go fishing? They look for the birds. Maybe Rionnach was following suit and waiting for the rats by the cheese!

Yea, I've had snakes flick their tongues in my ears, mouth, and nose before. But never had one try to actually enter one time after time. Had to wait until she tried again and blew a large gust of tostito breath in her little face before she decided it wasn't worth it.

Thanks

Haha! Very funny! Al was on my shoulder the ther day and decided to check out my ear. He tried and tried, but just couldn't fit his head in!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman
    Alright, so I was surfing bp.net as usual with my gal hangin on my shoulder and she's found what she thinks is a new hide. You see, I'm one of those people that when I zone out my mouth sorta hangs open (I know, not very professional, luckily i keep it under control out of the house ), and she thinks slithering into my mouth is just the coolest thing to do. Now, of course i don't let her for many reasons, the least of which is diseases, however she's really persistant. this is a realatively new behaviour but its gettin annoyin real fast. lol.
    hehe. Perhaps you have rodent breath! LOL

Seriously, I'm really interested in your relationship. I've been really working towards creating good tight bond with my 7-8mo male BP. He tolerates daily handling (sometimes for extended hang-outs) without problems. I've read some really conservative stuff about handling and some people on this forum have said they have trouble if they handle too much.

It seems like its so easy to get carried away with making sure everything is perfect for the snake that the whole owner-pet bonding thing is overlooked. I have been unable to find anything "official" on the subject at all!

You sound like you've got a real friend - tell me more!

Thanks

Keep in mind that a great many people on this board have multiple snakes and the more you have the more difficult it is to handle each of them. However those of us with one or two have it easier in the handling department. Usually when I hold my gal I turn the temp up in my room to about 80 and she just hangs around my neck, crawls around my arm and give her some exercise. If I can tell she's not really into it (you learn to discern this the more you handle them) or that she seems to be getting too cold I'll put her back in her tank. i try to handle her everyday (except the 36-48 hours post meal) so that she remains calm and used to being handled. I usually don't end up holding her for more then 45-60 mins but there are times when we'll sit down and try to watch a movie. However that doesn't work out too well b/c she tends to start licking my ear (i have incredibly sensitive ears) or just straight up tries to get away from me. But that's just my bp. they all have different personalities that you have to take into account when you handle them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast