Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

2 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: 2 New Leos and horror story.....

Just found this post and wow, that woman seems like a real :cens0r: :cens0r: :cens0r: :cens0r: :cens0r: :cens0r: :cens0r: .

Keep us updated on the situation. Just reading that makes me want to go clean my lizards cage again. I can't stand dirty animal enclosures.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

OMG.....that is a horrific story. It doesn't matter where she works. If the owner of the store was any kind of animal supporter, they wouldn't want someone working in their store who takes care of their animals like that!!!! The store owner should actually commend you for doing a noble thing for those poor animals!!!! If you had never went to her house, those animals might have never had a chance, cause nobody might have ever known. ZEKESMOM, this is really BIG. IF she's got children, and her house is that bad and unhygienic (sp?) she could lose them as well.From what you describe, it sounds disgusting and unhealthy conditions for not only the animals, but children too. You NEED to call the SPCA, police, somebody....don't even think twice. That woman obviously needs help in more ways that one.The sickening part about a case like this is that it happens all the time...and mostly goes "undiscovered" behind closed doors.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lisa, which store was this that you go to? (You can PM the info if you prefer) I know another store I can recommend to you if you feel like you need to take your business elsewhere. Don't know if it would be too far for you to drive, though, it's over on the East side.
    -- Judy

Thanks

People like that don't deserve pets or kids! I would part with all my pets before I let them get into that shape. People come to our house and never realize we own pets till one comes walking into the room or we show them around. We have 26 pets and no smell. It's really not much work when you do a little every day.I feel for her kids , but without intervention they will most likely grow up to be just like mom.

Thanks

Update.... I have been back to the reptile store that the "horrible animal keeper" works at for more crickets and a rat and I talked to the store manager. I let him know about getting the leos, going to her house and seeing the terrible state of her animals. He said he was suprised as she was very knowlegable about animals! SO!!!!!! Just because someone knows how to take care of an animal does not mean that they take care of it that way...I know that just from threads here!!! I was back in the store last night and was told by the guy their that breeds cresties that she had the frilled dragons, turtles, and ducks removed. They let her keep her demeril boa, dogs, birds and cats, but has to have adequate housing for her dogs....not tied in the kitchen. Hopefully she will take care of what she has!
    Judy the store that I go to is Tropical Kingdom. So far their has been no back lash for the call to animal control or talking to the manager/ although I talked to the manager before the animals were removed....we will see if I will continue to shop there.
    Thank you all for the support
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joyful girl
    Call the whatever animal control you have in your area ASAP!!!
    Bingo!!!

ASPCA pronto
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I was thinking to report it as a neighbor... they HAVE TO notice what's going on, and I hope that stolen Boxer was stolen by someone who wants to love it and treat it like a pet instead of another addition to the hoard!

IMO

Thanks

all those animals and she cant take care of them? i wonder if she can even take care of her own kids.
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001688532105
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 10: KoRn
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    October 19: Death Angel
    October 26 - Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ghost
    October 28: Slayer
    November 8 - Nine Inch Nails
    November 15 - Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer
    November 27: In This Moment
    -Misael

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeman
    all those animals and she cant take care of them? i wonder if she can even take care of her own kids.
    ACTUALLY...Now that it was brought up...the kids were in "not clean" clothes, or the clothes are so "used" that they can't get clean anymore, and the boys hair was just filthy!
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12