Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,344

5 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: In the market for a crested gecko

The sex is guaranteed female. I've seen a very high-res photo of the pores as well as numerous photos of the animal itself. She looks to be in great shape! Her diet consits of crickets and fruit mash at the moment. I plan to wean her off of fruit and eventually get her to feed on CGD. $150 shipped. What d'ya think?
    Advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer but wish you didn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

is this crested from tamara loftin (dirty stinky stuff)? she is very reputable. i have worked with her in the past and got an auric from her, which is extremely heathly. i'd go for it.
    - Emily

Thanks

You got it! Not that it was some sort of game or contest. I was just trying to get a feel for the gecko itself. The website is AWESOME... very professional. All communication I've had thus far has been very clear and they seem knowledgable. I think I'll do it. Thanks.

EDIT: I also want to thank everyone who contributed and answered questions in this thread. I've been milling (sp?) this decision over for some time (starting well before I began this thread) and with your help I've decided to go for it and get a couple of cresties. I could well see myself breeding these guys as a future hobby. They're awesome little buggers. Thanks again
    Advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer but wish you didn't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ha, i just figured it was her based on what you said about the gecko, the photos, what it is eating, etc. i thought in the beginning it might be her because she is one of the few breeders that does (accurately) sex cresteds at that age/size but i didn't want to assume anything. you should be very pleased with whatever you get from tamara. i want to see some pics when it arrives!
    - Emily

Thanks

I've worked quite hard to not start a new thread, so my questions have been all over the place. Hopefully someone is still watching. One more:

In the interest of saving money in the short term, I've decided to take a 20L tank that I already own and turn it on its side. So, how many juvie and adult geckos can fit in a 12x12x30h tank? As you may know by now, I'd like 2, but if 1 is the answer than so be it. Two may happen at a later date. Thanks.

EDIT: I may have phrased that poorly. I won't be housing a juvie an adult together. How many as juvies? How many as adults? I'm guessing the answer to the latter is, sadly, 1.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

you could house 3 or 4 juvies (up to about 15-20 grams) in a tank that size. 2 adults should be okay in that size as well, since it is pretty tall so they would have the vertical space.
    - Emily

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234