Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

In the market for a crested gecko

Hey folks. I just started learning about crested geckos this week. I love ALL reptiles (and amphibians) and due to their ease, "cresties" seem like a good choice for a first gecko.

So, I'm in the market. Who can help me out? Money is an issue. I don't want the newest designer gecko out there. They all look cool. I'm particularly fond of the orange looking ones, but I don't know what they go for. Maybe, $50 is my [flexible] max price? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: In the market for a crested gecko

i think the orange ones are a designer morph type deal so im pretty sure its going to be a higher price than what you are looking for. 50 sounds like a good amount for a crestie. they are easy to take care of and are wonderful! (my friend just got one and is very pleased). good luck
    party like a rockstar!

bp.net=a family....we give, we get, we love, we are ball'in!

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: In the market for a crested gecko

Keep in mind that if the gecko needs to be shipped to you ...there goes that $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by nebby3103
    Hey folks. I just started learning about crested geckos this week. I love ALL reptiles (and amphibians) and due to their ease, "cresties" seem like a good choice for a first gecko.

So, I'm in the market. Who can help me out? Money is an issue. I don't want the newest designer gecko out there. They all look cool. I'm particularly fond of the orange looking ones, but I don't know what they go for. Maybe, $50 is my [flexible] max price? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

If you are only wanting to spend $50 dollars you may want to try a pet store for a crestie...$50 dollars is what it will cost you for overnight shipping from a breeder.
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Keep in mind that if the gecko needs to be shipped to you ...there goes that $50.00
    LOL We posted at the same time
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: In the market for a crested gecko

Something else to consider, local reptile show. thats where you can see and touch what you are gonna buy and thats where you will get your best deal.

Thanks

What is this "shipping" you speak of? I know it's gonna up the price a bit. My $70 BP cost $110. Oh well. I live about an hour or so from Indianapolis, where there are regular reptile shows. With gas approaching $3/gal, it may be cheaper to have it shipped than take a day trip. Either way, $50 for the animal; shipping and gas, well, damn.

Thanks

Shipping: What it costs you to have the breeder mail overnight the animal from them to you!
    -Lisa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

here's the thing--if you can't afford the cost of the animal you can't afford to own the animal. the price of the actual animal is the least expense you will have. you also have to consider the cost of the animal's enclosure and everything in it and all upgrades required as the animal grows. then there is the cost of food and any vet bills that may be required during the course of owning the animal. if the cost of the animal alone makes you cringe, you may need to rethink things a bit.
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    here's the thing--if you can't afford the cost of the animal you can't afford to own the animal. the price of the actual animal is the least expense you will have. you also have to consider the cost of the animal's enclosure and everything in it and all upgrades required as the animal grows. then there is the cost of food and any vet bills that may be required during the course of owning the animal. if the cost of the animal alone makes you cringe, you may need to rethink things a bit.
    Here's the thing -- and I don't mean to be rude -- I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm 21 years old. I wouldn't buy an animal I couldn't take good care of. I had to stretch my budget to buy my BP, it's food, it's enclosure and other supplies, and she's doing wonderuflly. All I'm saying is that I don't want a $500 lizard. Just like I didn't want a $1500 BP. The normal ones grow and behave the same way as all of the fancy morphs, and I'm not at a place where I can afford anything fancy. If I buy a crested gecko, it will be in good hands. No worries.

Now, the reason I posted is becuase I don't know where to buy one. I know about pet stores, and would prefer to steer clear. Shows are good, and I'll probably end up buying at one, but I'd like to do some leg work first. Can anyone direct me to a reputable breeder who sells online? (I guess I'll start at your site, mlededee!) Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast