Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

4 members and 3,348 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

is this the right-up?

so far from what i've been told,this is the preffered method for a blood. but she still hasnt "properly" eaten for me.
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001688532105
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 10: KoRn
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    October 19: Death Angel
    October 26 - Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ghost
    October 28: Slayer
    November 8 - Nine Inch Nails
    November 15 - Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer
    November 27: In This Moment
    -Misael

Thanks

Re: is this the right-up?

The tub is much too big for a small baby like her. I would get a 15qt tub and some small clay pot saucers(water catchers). She will like the clay saucers better than the plastic saucers as they are heavier. She'll likely feel a bit more secure. The half log hide definitely isn't giving her much security.

I have Ball Python Juvies, ranging in weights from 240-600g in these size tubs and I can still fit two hides and a water bowl in there. Some have just one hide and the water bowl as they are a bit more outgoing.

Keep OVERALL temp at 85-86, NO hot spot, and just leave her completely alone for a week to two weeks. Just change water every few days, but no handling.

Is she eating mice or rats?
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I agree with Becky there.. much like ball python babies, bloods are very shy and insecure. A nice little shoebox with a dark secure hide (the crumpled newspaper is a good idea) and an ambient temp in the mid 80s is perfect. It's what Kara (the blood queen) told me to do for my babies, and it worked great.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Keep OVERALL temp at 85-86, NO hot spot, and just leave her completely alone for a week to two weeks. Just change water every few days, but no handling.
    so the temps should be in the mid 80's on the ENTIRE tub and not just on one side like BP's?

Is she eating mice or rats?
    well i've fed her fuzzy mice, but im thinking of trying a small adult mouse next time.
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    -Misael

Thanks

Yes, temps in the WHOLE tub, ambient and floor temps, need to be between 85-86 consistently. I believe the reasoning behind this is so they won't have to decide between security and proper temps. They can just stay in their hide all the time

She also needs a much smaller tub, as that is probably what is stressing her out making her not want to eat. They don't like much open space at all. A 6qt shoebox or a 15qt bootbox will be fine for her for a few months. I'd really look for one or two of the small clay pot saucers. They are dark and heavy and will really help her feel secure.

and definitely don't worry about feeding her right now, just focus on leaving her alone for a week to two weeks, and THEN see how's she doing. She'll be just fine until then
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Too big of a setup.
    Thank you,

Mikey likes it!!!!

Thanks

ok so i went to target and they ran ut of 15 qt so i bought a 16 qt instead. i also got the clay pot saucer...which brings me to another question which confused me. did you mean for me to actually get the pot or the saucer? i bought the pot since i dont think the saucer would help with hiding,looks more like it's used to hold water for the pot.i laid the pot on its side but my baby blood prefers to hide behind it instead of inside it.should i break the pot in half and use one of the halfs for her to hide in? or should i somehow find a way to make a hole for her in the pot so she can fit inside?
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    -Misael

Thanks

The saucers are what you want to get. You knock a small hole out of the side and sit it upside down. Makes a perfect hide The pots themselves are too tall to give any sort of sense of security, so really, I'd go with the saucers. You can fit two of them(the 4-5" ones) and a water bowl, as well as some newspaper balls, inside that tub.

www.proexotics.com has a good tutorial on how to make those clay saucer hides. All you do though is hold it so it makes a bowl upwards, but hold it on one of the edges and point it downward. Then take a hammer and knock out a small semi-circle on one edge of the saucer. You can smooth out the edges with some sandpaper.

The plastic saucers work fine too, but I figured she would appreciate the weight the clay saucers provide.

Lemme find a picture!

Like these:
    --Becky--

Thanks

ah yes that answers my Q's!! thank you!!
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    -Misael