I've been going to the gym for about 7-8 months now, and have lost a total of about ~25 pounds. I haven't been able to tell recently cuz the scale at the gym is broken.

Withonor hit it on the nail, if you want to lose weight, you need to eat. I don't eat alot because my body doesn't need alot of food to energize itself. I take a "fat burner" from Juice it Up, I drink Weight Loss Shakes from Costco, I eat cereal and try to snake on healthy things in between. My dinners are small. I can eat as much as I want, as long as a make the right choice in food. Also, if there's anyone that's on a "no sweets" diet, eat sweets once a week and it'll shock your system, causing your metabolism to rev up.

If there's anyone going to the gym to just walk on the treadmill, or do the elliptical, change it up! Don't walk on the treadmill, unless you're cooling down. Walking around the block would be better because you are propelling your own feet, compared to a machine doing it. If you use the treadmill, do an incline. You'll burn twice as many calories as just walking, and the same as you will on the elliptical. I do 30 mins of incline, and 30 mins on the elliptical. Granted, any effort is better than no effort.

I'm no expert, I'm just sharing what has worked for me. Everyone is different, and it's always good to hear someone else's story and maybe try something new. I love hearing other peoples stories!