Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

2 members and 3,207 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: feeding

Thanks

feeding

hi i bought an 04 royal over a month ago ,i tried feeding him after a week but no luck,i left it another two weeks,still no luck,how will i know when he is hungry,he does cruise the tank but as above hasnt fed,temps hot end 94,cold end 84,what size prey should i feed him,i was told by the previous owner that he was on one medium rat weekly,but i suspect he may have been overfed,any advice will be appreciated.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: feeding

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy
    i was told by the previous owner that he was on one medium rat weekly,but i suspect he may have been overfed,any advice will be ppreciated.
    Probably a good guess BP eat with more consistency when fed a smaller prey, for an adult you don't need to feed anything bigger then a small rat (about 4 weeks old).

In the mean time make sure everything is optimum, hides tight enough, proper temps (measured with a digital thermometer), humidity and proper size enclosure kept in a low traffic are, and limit your handling until he eats at least one time for you.

He will resume feeding when ready and as long as he does not lose too much weight your BP will be ok.
    Deborah Stewart