Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

3 members and 3,293 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I got an Internship at a Refuge! (HUGE DUW)

my friend donated like 11 octagon stepping stones tonight, so im goin out there tomorrow and making a pathway from the dirt road to the pond. itll look sweet. plus, im gonna tryyyy and make the gate tomorrow. if we have all the materials, which is of course a NO haha.
    1.2 Het Ghost, Frank; Normals, Delilah and No-Name
    1.0 African Clawed Frog, Casper
    2.0 Sliders, Stewie and Spike

Thanks

Man I gotta get involved in something like this. I wanna donate some money to you guys. Wish we all could donate like 5 dollars to you guys!

Whattya say everyone?
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

You know if you need that many bags from Home Depot, I'd talk to the refuge owners about writing to Home Depot Corporate and asking for either a donation or a discount on supplies. It can't hurt and a lot of corporations do quite a bit of community things...the worst they can say is no. Maybe do a small write up with your photo's to show the bad condition of the pond, what you've done so far and how a donation from Home Depot would move that project along. List or show photo's of some of the rescued turtles that would live out a wonderful life in that pond when it's done. Heck offer to post a nice "this pond adopted by Home Depot" sign once it's done or something like that.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    You know if you need that many bags from Home Depot, I'd talk to the refuge owners about writing to Home Depot Corporate and asking for either a donation or a discount on supplies. It can't hurt and a lot of corporations do quite a bit of community things...the worst they can say is no. Maybe do a small write up with your photo's to show the bad condition of the pond, what you've done so far and how a donation from Home Depot would move that project along. List or show photo's of some of the rescued turtles that would live out a wonderful life in that pond when it's done. Heck offer to post a nice "this pond adopted by Home Depot" sign once it's done or something like that.

thats a good point. cause Im also gonna need some (expensive) slabs of rock to make the waterfall...Im just worried about how ling something like this might take. I wanna get these guys out in the sun asap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8b8ll
    Man I gotta get involved in something like this. I wanna donate some money to you guys. Wish we all could donate like 5 dollars to you guys!

Whattya say everyone?

that would be rediculously awesome. I cant ask anyone to do that, but If you wanna throw some money my way, Im all for it ha.

Thanks

Well start out with talking to the refuge owners, then maybe you can put together a proposal with pics and a short write up and make an appointment to sit down with the local Home Depot manager (also Lowe's...double up the chances someone will say yes to you). Explain the timeline and how you need to get this pond up and running for the poor turtles (lay it on a bit thick....poor poor homeless...errrr... pondless turtles ) If by chance they both say yes, then you have an abundance of riches and can have one company sponsor the pond and the other sponsor another worthy project at the refuge.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

thanks alot joanna! ive been thinkin about this all day and i think im gonna do it. i cant afford this anymore.

on a lighter note, i got serious work done today. i used my friends donated bricks to make a pathway, and finally got that dreaded gate done! took alot of work-its not the prettiest but it works perfect.

pathway before (aka "the ankle sprainer")

after

and the gate. theres wire that goes under and curls in about a foot down so no one can escape

Thanks

You know you might want to consider landscaping as a career. You've got a real eye for it.

If there's anyway I can help you as far as writing a proposal or a letter of support when you approach Home Depot/Lowe's please just let me know. I think your committment to this project is just wonderful!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    You know you might want to consider landscaping as a career. You've got a real eye for it.

If there's anyway I can help you as far as writing a proposal or a letter of support when you approach Home Depot/Lowe's please just let me know. I think your committment to this project is just wonderful!

thank you so much. ill keep you updated. i need all the help i can get! haha

Thanks

I love all of the work you're doing, it's great there are other people out there tat care. I have looked for a place around here for the same reason but haven't been able to find anything!
    ~Dexter Mason~
    Wife 0.1 Children 0.1.1 Dogs 1.1 Ball Pythons: 5.22
    Bearded Dragon 1.0 Ornate Horned Toad 0.0.1 Leos 1.3 Russian Tortoise 0.1

Melodrama coming from you is about as normal as a bowel movement - Clerks
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule. - Clerks
    Dante Hicks: But you hate people.
    Randal Graves: Yes, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast