Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,422

2 members and 3,420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Puppies

Thanks

Re: Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    That's really good to hear James. It'll be nice once you don't have to worry about watching her for signs of heat. You'll all be able to relax a bit more.
    Ugh, whenever my ex's female would go into heat she'd be all over my pillows the whole time I spayed her before I returned her... ex was so mad
    Last edited by gibbrishclown; 03-29-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Apparently the term for female dog is a bad one here :D

Thanks

Yeah, one of the many GREAT things about getting your female spayed is the lack of 'spotting'. Once and only once we waited to get a girli spayed a little too long and she hit her first heat. Where do you think she loooved to stay? On my bed...
    Gotta love dogs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    Yeah, one of the many GREAT things about getting your female spayed is the lack of 'spotting'. Once and only once we waited to get a girli spayed a little too long and she hit her first heat. Where do you think she loooved to stay? On my bed...
    Gotta love dogs.
    Yeah... love them for that... Stinkin' dogs! Of course if I ever got as swollen as these ladies do I'd be looking for a pillow to sit on too I think! :eek:

Thanks

I agree, she should be spayed. I don't mean to rush you, but sooner is better than later.

My mom found a Silkey Terrier and took her in. Sometime back in November, she went into heat. There were no males around and all time outside was monitered by my mother or myself. She came in no contact with males at all! But you know what, her body decided she was pregnant anyway, and she went through a false pregnancy. Her belly swelled. Her teets began producing milk, and she began protecting toys and my mom's slippers. Now let me tell you, this dog became vicious when it came to protecting her 'puppies'. She even tried to bite my mother, who she would never EVER think of biting in a normal situation. She attempted to attack me, my brother, and my friend. It was not a fun thing and it lasted for weeks. We only just got her spayed last month, but we were so glad once we got it done.

So, don't think just keeping her away from males will solve the problems of pregnancy. Sometimes the body just decides to think its pregnant anyway.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny
    I agree, she should be spayed. I don't mean to rush you, but sooner is better than later.

My mom found a Silkey Terrier and took her in. Sometime back in November, she went into heat. There were no males around and all time outside was monitered by my mother or myself. She came in no contact with males at all! But you know what, her body decided she was pregnant anyway, and she went through a false pregnancy. Her belly swelled. Her teets began producing milk, and she began protecting toys and my mom's slippers. Now let me tell you, this dog became vicious when it came to protecting her 'puppies'. She even tried to bite my mother, who she would never EVER think of biting in a normal situation. She attempted to attack me, my brother, and my friend. It was not a fun thing and it lasted for weeks. We only just got her spayed last month, but we were so glad once we got it done.

So, don't think just keeping her away from males will solve the problems of pregnancy. Sometimes the body just decides to think its pregnant anyway.
    I had a dog that went through a false pregnancy too! We had her xrayed over and over lookin' for babies, but nothing... but my ex was a determined POS, she did end up having 6 pups before I got her spayed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567