Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,286

0 members and 3,286 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ECLARK - mites

Thanks

Re: ECLARK - mites

Justin, I never said he wasn't a good breeder. Mike is a good breeder but shipping 5 snakes in 1 bag isn't exactly the best procedures of shipping snakes.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessie_k_pythons
    Ok Mights can be a problem. and yes they can spread bad bugs. (this already said)

But here is the thing. this quote states nothing about there being other snakes in the "baby rack". I have a baby rack and I have no snakes in it yet. He is a good breeder and I would think he would have more than one baby rack and some empty ones for quarantine. I also know what you can wash your hands, face and take every step to keep mites away but all it takes is 2 mites to make hundreds. they could have been on his cloths, under a finger nail, what have you. it then can be spread to another rack with out him ever knowing. it happens to the best of us. I have yet to have mites *knocks on wood* and some of you who have alot of snakes and have been breeding for many years have never gotten them.

Ed never said that he hasn't quarantined his snakes. I think we should all lay off him for a while and quit this. Alot of you jump to conclusions and put words in others text. That was one of the reasions I left here for so long.

I'm sorry that this happened to you Ed and I have fath in you that you can get this under control. Keep your chin up.
    What is a Might?

Thanks

So, if this was originally delt with privately I am curious as to what, if any, additional unsatisfactory relations caused Shelby to feel the need to post this here.
    And also, treated or not, were there any other customers babies in that rack that need notified?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok Mights can be a problem. and yes they can spread bad bugs. (this already said)

But here is the thing. this quote states nothing about there being other snakes in the "baby rack". I have a baby rack and I have no snakes in it yet. He is a good breeder and I would think he would have more than one baby rack and some empty ones for quarantine. I also know what you can wash your hands, face and take every step to keep mites away but all it takes is 2 mites to make hundreds. they could have been on his cloths, under a finger nail, what have you. it then can be spread to another rack with out him ever knowing. it happens to the best of us. I have yet to have mites *knocks on wood* and some of you who have alot of snakes and have been breeding for many years have never gotten them.

Ed never said that he hasn't quarantined his snakes. I think we should all lay off him for a while and quit this. Alot of you jump to conclusions and put words in others text. That was one of the reasions I left here for so long.

I'm sorry that this happened to you Ed and I have fath in you that you can get this under control. Keep your chin up.
    Jessie, he admitted to putting the two new snakes in the baby tub with April's snakes - that's not quarantine.

And for those of you who don't think it's a big deal, you're sadly mistaken.

Ed still has not addressed his lack of quarantine - and none of you find that speaks volumes?

Thanks

sorry I was in a hurry to type because I'm cooking and I spelled it wrong LAY OFF!
    Jessica K

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

But here is the thing. this quote states nothing about there being other snakes in the "baby rack".
    read:
    Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    Where April's 2 in that same rack as those other 8?
    Yes, and I had no idea there were mites in that rack.
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    Well then I must be an amateur because I would NEVER send out a box with more than one snake per bag or deli cup and would be very ticked if I recieved animals that way no matter WHO sent them.
    Nah, it just means your opinion is different.

I meant that if Mike saw something wrong with the way he does things, he would have changed it.

SPJ, we have simaller opinion, but I am not going to dought someone who has bien doing this for many many years, exspecaily if it has worked!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    Justin, I never said he wasn't a good breeder. Mike is a good breeder but shipping 5 snakes in 1 bag isn't exactly the best procedures of shipping snakes.
    I never said you said he was a bad one!

i agree, but he is a Pro, he knows what he is doing, hopefully!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

the fact that mites are so easily spread is THE reason why it IS a big deal. because if you get a new snake and it has mites, even if you immediately treat with pam and follow all the correct quarantine procedures, what if one or two of those mites hop off the snake and onto something else before you realize they are there and treat them? they then make their way into your collection via the dog, your shoe, whatever. then you have an outbreak in your entire collection all because of a few little mites that came in on a new snake. not good!

i don't really understand how some of you are attempting to justify the situation by saying how easily spread mites are, when that is the reason why receiving a new snake that is infested is such a big deal to begin with...
    - Emily

Thanks

This is one of the only worries I had about Ed and reselling animals. I have never bought animals from Ed and have never asked him about his quarantine procedures... but it scares me in the same way that it would scare me to buy an animal from a pet store. Quarantine isn't in place because for many resellers there isn't time to do it. Anyone with a fast-moving inventory is something to be cautious of.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast