Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,344

3 members and 3,341 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ECLARK - mites

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: ECLARK - mites

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    QUARANTINE - do you guys honestly believe not having quarantine practices in place is NOT a big deal?
    Quarantine!!!!!

However breeders tend to gain a comfort level with one another and tend to have confidants in them. So they tend to just expect that they shouldn't have too. But it just goes to show you that you can never be to carefull.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    It was, Ed said that April contacted him, apparently not to her satisfaction if she still felt she should post here.

Ralph writes that he has never had mites in his collection.

And I purchased three snakes in Daytona, other than ones I had already purchased and were delivered. I had my can of PAM with me and the enclosures I brought with me were pre-treated, as were the enclosures in quarantine when I brought them home - no mites.

you must think a lot of me to quote me so much.

i was refering to people that went to reptile shows took nothing home but a mite on there pant leg then crawled into there snake tubs/ not common but we are dealing with parasites
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MATT FISHER REPTILES
    amazed :eek:
    Not sure why? My quarantine procedures are incredibly strict and it is impossible for a sick/mites infected/tick infested animal to make it into my main collection.

With a little attention to detail and a solid plan for dealing with new acquisitions, anyone can achieve the same results.

I love my animals and do whatever it takes to keep them safe and healthy.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    If you quarentine your new snake when you get it from Ed, thent here shouldn't be an issue, should there?
    Everyone that has large numbers of snakes in and out will have mites sooner or later. A couple mites can travel in anything, a bedding scoop, on the cat, your sleeve..
    To immediately start talking IBD is a bit inflamatory in my opinion. Ed hasn't got IBD, no one here has IBD from his snakes.
    Someone had some mites. Yes, mites CAN carry desease, but in reality, the buyer used some PAM, killed the mites. If the buyer has done proper q-time themselves, then they shouldn't have any issues.
    I'd buy from Ed Clark. I practice q-time for any new animals coming in, so I wouldn't have to worry about mites or IBD or whatever transferring from my new animal. I've gotten snakes shipped multiples to one bag, and none were harmed by it.
    Jumping around like undisiplined monkeys over a small issue that should be resolved between buyer and seller is a bit wasteful of time.
    Wolfy
    Another ridiculous post. Who is the monkey?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    1. 5 in one bag? :eek: That's not good at all.

2. Yes IBD does kill BP's a lot quicker then it does boa's. BUT IBD IS SUPER HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS! What if.... what if Ed did have IBD running around because of mites and Aprils' two new snakes had it and it *somehow* still managed to get to the rest of her collection and wiped it all out.... You really have to put these kind of thoughts forward when it comes to these kind of things.
    But how many people have boughten from him without a complaint?! Hundreds! Maybe even thousands!! I still think he should separate, just becasue I am paranoid. Mike is a PRO!! He knows what he is doing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13
    But how many people have boughten from him without a complaint?! Hundreds! Maybe even thousands!! I still think he should separate, just becasue I am paranoid. Mike is a PRO!! He knows what he is doing.

bingo
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Not sure why? My quarantine procedures are incredibly strict and it is impossible for a sick/mites infected/tick infested animal to make it into my main collection.

With a little attention to detail and a solid plan for dealing with new acquisitions, anyone can achieve the same results.

I love my animals and do whatever it takes to keep them safe and healthy.

-adam

i am not talking about an infestation. i am talking about seeing one period. even on a new animal.
    and if you havent. may your luck continue for 1000 years.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

Thanks

Man i bet the snakes are quarantined and the enclosures have been PAMMED by now.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13
    Mike is a PRO!! He knows what he is doing.
    Well then I must be an amateur because I would NEVER send out a box with more than one snake per bag or deli cup and would be very ticked if I recieved animals that way no matter WHO sent them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Heres the problem with the mites in 1 of my baby racks. I bought a pair of ball python morphs for myself to keep that came from BHB in Michigan about a week and a half ago. gave them a quick soaking then put them into one of my baby racks.

Ok Mights can be a problem. and yes they can spread bad bugs. (this already said)

But here is the thing. this quote states nothing about there being other snakes in the "baby rack". I have a baby rack and I have no snakes in it yet. He is a good breeder and I would think he would have more than one baby rack and some empty ones for quarantine. I also know what you can wash your hands, face and take every step to keep mites away but all it takes is 2 mites to make hundreds. they could have been on his cloths, under a finger nail, what have you. it then can be spread to another rack with out him ever knowing. it happens to the best of us. I have yet to have mites *knocks on wood* and some of you who have alot of snakes and have been breeding for many years have never gotten them.

Ed never said that he hasn't quarantined his snakes. I think we should all lay off him for a while and quit this. Alot of you jump to conclusions and put words in others text. That was one of the reasions I left here for so long.

I'm sorry that this happened to you Ed and I have fath in you that you can get this under control. Keep your chin up.
    Jessica K

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast