Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,409

3 members and 3,406 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Cleaning

Thanks

Cleaning

The insides of the Aquarium I just bought are really dirty (water spots, finger prints, etc). How should I clean it? What should I stay away from? Petsmart people said windex is fine as long as it dries, but I wanted to ask experienced owners of BPs.

Thanks!!

Thanks

Re: Cleaning

Personally I'd go with soaking it in hot water and soap for awhile, then good old elbow grease to scrub it clean, then a rinse with vingear and water, followed by a clear water rinse and wipe down. A lot of work but you'll get nice clean glass when you are done without any harmful chemicals being used.
    ~~Joanna~~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yep, use hot water and make sure you dry it completely - don't let the water dry on the glass.

you could buy a squeegee or just use clean dry rags. paper towels will work but can leave lint behind. depends on how picky you are about the final result

Thanks

Awesome! The perfect answer you two! 4 to 1 ratio of Water to vinegar...that right? I love photographing Bella and the walls have so many water spots that it distorts the image. So the only way to take good pictures of her is to get her out and play with her...what a pain. haha!

On a different subject entirely (should I post in a new thread btw...I don't know what the forum prefers) I was thinking of getting one of those ceramic heating elements that don't give off light, only heat, but I think my 30 gal might be too small. Thoughts? Advice?