Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,166

1 members and 1,165 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,121
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: 2 male ball pythons Cheap!

As I say in every other thread that pops up, make sure he is certified to ship before putting in offers. If he ships illegally and is caught after it gets to you, I think you are still held accountable for some stuff.
    lots of snakes

Thanks

Also, if the seller can post his/her age... that would be recommended and might make the sale easier. I get the feeling that he's a minor (profile says highschool), so buyer beware and talk with the parents. If he is in fact a minor he can not legally have a FedEx shipping account, so you should be dealing with the parents in the first place, it will have to be someone over 18 who carries the account with FedEx.

-Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Cool Re: 2 male ball pythons Cheap!

hey i know im prolly way to late to see if i could get on of them BP but if you know anyone whos getting rideof one or selling one let me know only if is under 2 years

Thanks

Stacie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmlowe5704
    As I say in every other thread that pops up, make sure he is certified to ship before putting in offers. If he ships illegally and is caught after it gets to you, I think you are still held accountable for some stuff.
    I will add to make sure said person is NOT shipping thru the USPS as its a FEDERAL FELONY.In the cases of someone shipping when not certified thru any company and said buyer does infact know about the sellar not being certified BOTH can be prosecuted.I say "can" because its up to the company they used for shipping.One more thing when someone illegally ship ANY reptile it causes problems for the rest of us!
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBallPython
    Also, if the seller can post his/her age... that would be recommended and might make the sale easier. I get the feeling that he's a minor (profile says highschool), so buyer beware and talk with the parents. If he is in fact a minor he can not legally have a FedEx shipping account, so you should be dealing with the parents in the first place, it will have to be someone over 18 who carries the account with FedEx.

-Jason
    ok, i am 18 but i am not a noob when it comes to reptiles and shipping them. i just got out of crested geckos and i have sent them all over the country. in fact i had these ball pythons a while ago and i sent them to terry lilly of central coast reptile center in cali to sell them for me so thats why i had to ask him first how much shipping was and what carrier he used. and by the way, i only ship UPS and never has anyone had to talk to my parents.
    Thanks
    Derek

Thanks

will have pics tomarrow.

Thanks

Please get Fedex Certified before shipping.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    In the cases of someone shipping when not certified thru any company and said buyer does infact know about the sellar not being certified BOTH can be prosecuted.
    For what Joe?

It's not "illegal" to ship via FedEx or UPS without being certified ... it's only a violation of their terms of service.

Just like if you were to rent movies from Blockbuster and return them with flyers inside directing them to come join Bp.Net ... not illegal, but blockbuster will probably cancel your account for being a tool.

Same thing with FedEx and UPS ... you can try and ship and snake without being certified, but if you get caught, good luck ever using those services again.

The real kicker is that if you're not certified and FedEx or UPS figures that out at their hub or somewhere in the middle of the shipment, they will not continue to deliver the animal ... you will either have to drive to wherever to pick it up, or they will turn it over to a local shelter.

Bottom line ... don't be a tool.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

what do you mean certified? i just package the animals and give them to my mom plus $ for shipping in the morning because she works near the ups station and she dropps them off after work or on her break. and about these snakes for sale, terry lilly of central coast reptiles will be shipping them and i am possitive he is qualified.

Thanks

Do the Ups people know fully well what they are shipping? Are they aware that it is a live animal, and will they treat it as such?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast