Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,006

1 members and 2,005 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disaster!

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disaster!

jo,

that's where we each read this thread differently. you read it as someone being abusive or disrespectful to a critter. i read it as people being abusive and disrespectful to another person.

in recent threads... specifically since december... i've read many threads which (from my perspective) other members are jumping all over each other. it's sad... cause everyone seems to be much more negative than they were before or (again my opinion) they need to be.

i'm sorry the spider smilie upset you and offended you.

in light,
    aleesha
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess

that's where we each read this thread differently. you read it as someone being abusive or disrespectful to a critter. i read it as people being abusive and disrespectful to another person.
    Animals need our defense and protection. People can fend for themselves.

Thanks

Personally, I don't see where throwing a cat outside for an hour is "inhumane" or "abusive". These are words used to play on emotions when no harm was actually done. Now, if some sort of ACTUAL.....read that word and savor it, people....harm had been done to the animal, there might be a case for the harsh words words used in this thread. But no harm was done, which seems to have escaped some people.
    Seriously people, use that energy to fight for a real cause, not to be internet warriors.

The cat was outside for an hour. Oh, the horror. Somebody call PETA!

Thanks

Sarah making comments about words used specifically to play on reader's emotions while you are doing the same in your post, well it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Well Jo, nothing about this thread makes much sense to me, period. You pointed out that the original post wasn't asking for help, and ignored the fact that the OP said she already felt "sooo bad". And yet you and others felt it was somehow necessary to beat her into the ground over something she has freely admitted was a mistake.
    Four pages later you say your issue is with the fact that she blamed the cat and then admitted it was her own fault. Well, what else would you have her do? Honestly, she made a mistake, she owned up to it, and then she was told she should never own animals. I see this as an overreaction.

Thanks

Thanks for supporting me on this one!

I think it is funny that these people think I shouldn't own animals. I take such good care of them. Every need they have is met and I go the extra mile to do things for them (ex: brushing the dog's teeth). There are so many people out there that really SHOULDN'T own animals but I am not one of them.

FYI, the cat is fine. He is completely over it unlike maybe some people here. lol.
    The rats are doing well too. Thanks for the concern though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    Well Jo, nothing about this thread makes much sense to me, period. You pointed out that the original post wasn't asking for help, and ignored the fact that the OP said she already felt "sooo bad". And yet you and others felt it was somehow necessary to beat her into the ground over something she has freely admitted was a mistake.
    Four pages later you say your issue is with the fact that she blamed the cat and then admitted it was her own fault. Well, what else would you have her do? Honestly, she made a mistake, she owned up to it, and then she was told she should never own animals. I see this as an overreaction.
    Wrong. The issue from the start was the blaming and punishment of the cat. People need to buck up and take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming those that take them to task on it. Peace and love and coddling and puppy dogs isn't the way sometimes.

Thanks

SARAHMB, if you do ever need to vent or talk about mistakes that have been made and don't feel comfortable here, there are other message boards out there that are a little less harsh about us "animal abusers"..lol.
    Last edited by rabernet; 02-15-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Removed promotion to another forum - TOS violation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Wrong. The issue from the start was the blaming and punishment of the cat. People need to buck up and take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming those that take them to task on it. Peace and love and coddling and puppy dogs isn't the way sometimes.
    Actually, she did in fact take responsibility in post 14, which was her second post in the thread.

Wolfsnaps, you're welcome and thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure if I'm already signed up on that forum, but I'll check.

Thanks

I think there is a double standard on this board.

If someone were to say 'my snake bit me so I turned off his heat because I was mad' I think there would be a lot more people agreeing that it is not good.

Yet, when someone says a cat is thrown out in the cold it's ok.
    You all may not be cat/dog/whatever animal lovers but every animal deserves the same respect.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast