Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

1 members and 3,280 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disaster!

Thanks

Re: Disaster!

Glad to hear about their new 'digs'. Rats love to be active and play.

Thanks

Yes, they have chew toys and treats as well....they are pretty spoiled for feeders. The babies are getting big! Their eyes are open and they are eating food now...I am so excited at their progress.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm so glad to read your ratties are doing better in their new digs

i just read this thread and i have to say... it really saddens me to see the members of this forum jump all over someone like this. it's almost like some of our members sit and wait for someone to post something they 'can' jump on.

would it really be all that hard for people to be kind with their words? remembering that someone with feelings is sitting on the other end reading them?

personally, i've been trying to pretend that each poster is my very best friend... someone i truly care about... as if a friend emailed me with a similar situation... and so, when i respond to their words - i respond with 'kindness and information' instead of 'criticism and information'.

of course, i'm guilty of having some "not favorites" who post here and it makes me want to respond accordingly ... but that doesn't mean i have to do it. i can just click on another thread and leave it be. it's my choice... my free choice, my free will... and i choose to be kind rather than posting something i know will hurt another, give them a bad day etc.

so perhaps, the next time we want to pounce on a poster... we could 'kill 'em with kindness' instead?
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Well, the cat was only acting on instinct.. to be mad at it is not fair. Now, I had a rat escape before, and I actually brought my cat into the room.. he found it within minutes and got a pet on the head.
    Please make sure your cat has no access to the rats in the future! Not only could this happen again, but it's got to be really stressful for the ratties; mine are sectioned off in the laundry room where the cat cannot go.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Thanks Recycling GODDESS...

Heavens forbid they make a mistake. I think if they did, they would never post it...

The rats have it made....they are living the good life until I decide it is time to have them off'ed

The cat is also fine. In fact, my fiance just built him a tower to play on. It looks like it was store bought...better even. It has 2 cubby holes and a perch on the top. He was playing on it with the ferrets yesterday. It was pretty hilarious. When he gets into "devil cat" mood, nothing is safe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsnaps
    Heavens forbid they make a mistake. I think if they did, they would never post it...
    I don't know about anyone else, but after seeing you get ripped apart in this thread, I will not be posting my mistakes! And I've already made a couple with my mouse breeding project. I'm just relieved I have a trusted friend I can call for helpful advice!

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

sarah, that's exactly what i was thinking. seeing how this post... and how judy's thread about wanting a kitten has gone (as simply two examples)... people on this forum are getting waaaay too aggressive/forceful/negative etc and forgetting to be kind to others.

makes me sad

but what i CAN and will continue to do... is support the people who are making mistakes. share in a loving, kind way instead of ripping them apart - offer helpful suggestions... and hope... that if and when i post my mistakes... others choose to support me instead of cutting my throat with their words.

let's shine people... let's shine!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    sarah, that's exactly what i was thinking. seeing how this post... and how judy's thread about wanting a kitten has gone (as simply two examples)... people on this forum are getting waaaay too aggressive/forceful/negative etc and forgetting to be kind to others.

makes me sad

but what i CAN and will continue to do... is support the people who are making mistakes. share in a loving, kind way instead of ripping them apart - offer helpful suggestions... and hope... that if and when i post my mistakes... others choose to support me instead of cutting my throat with their words.

I disagree. I maintain that my initial response based on the information given was not excessively harsh. It may not have been the way YOU wanted to hear it but I'm not big on conforming. Be kind to your pets. People have the ability to understand and reason and can fend for themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess

makes me sad

When did it become a RIGHT in this country (or anywhere in this world) to not be offended? When did it become the responsibility of every living soul to forever tread tiptoe through a field of eggshells lest we hurt someone's feelings? Have we become so craven we dare not speak the truth for fear of what another might think? Dare to grow up. Accept the truth when spoken, even though it causes offense. And dare to speak truth with courage and love.

This signature quote I'm now sporting was inspired by this very thread. And this is one of those cases where I feel I must dare to speak up.

Not everything in this world is going to be shiney, loving and kind. And not everyone will interpret even those seemingly simple concepts in the same way to begin with. What one person considers perfectly helpful and supportive may be taken by someone else to be blunt, harsh and offensive.

We must work hard to strike the balance between being "friendly" and being "honest." And now...just as some folks are saying they should be afraid to post a mistake they've made....you, and others, are trying to make people afraid of expressing their honest feelings about an issue.

I say...if you want to learn from a mistake...post it and learn from it. Be willing to take some criticism...it's not gonna kill you. AND...if you want to express your feelings about something someone else has said or done....then do so. But be willing to take some heat for that too. If one side can express their feelings, then so can the other.

Respect for this forum and the community as a whole is absolutely essential to maintain the friendly, welcoming environment we strive for. But "Friendly" and "Welcoming" does not mean there will never be friction or disagreements. Come on people. Lead by example...but don't expect every soul to emmulate that example. We're all different...see things differently...interpret things differently...and express ourselves differently. Ya just gotta deal with it.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    When did it become a RIGHT in this country (or anywhere in this world) to not be offended? When did it become the responsibility of every living soul to forever tread tiptoe through a field of eggshells lest we hurt someone's feelings? Have we become so craven we dare not speak the truth for fear of what another might think? Dare to grow up. Accept the truth when spoken, even though it causes offense. And dare to speak truth with courage and love.

This signature quote I'm now sporting was inspired by this very thread. And this is one of those cases where I feel I must dare to speak up.

Not everything in this world is going to be shiney, loving and kind. And not everyone will interpret even those seemingly simple concepts in the same way to begin with. What one person considers perfectly helpful and supportive may be taken by someone else to be blunt, harsh and offensive.

We must work hard to strike the balance between being "friendly" and being "honest." And now...just as some folks are saying they should be afraid to post a mistake they've made....you, and others, are trying to make people afraid of expressing their honest feelings about an issue.

I say...if you want to learn from a mistake...post it and learn from it. Be willing to take some criticism...it's not gonna kill you. AND...if you want to express your feelings about something someone else has said or done....then do so. But be willing to take some heat for that too. If one side can express their feelings, then so can the other.

Respect for this forum and the community as a whole is absolutely essential to maintain the friendly, welcoming environment we strive for. But "Friendly" and "Welcoming" does not mean there will never be friction or disagreements. Come on people. Lead by example...but don't expect every soul to emmulate that example. We're all different...see things differently...interpret things differently...and express ourselves differently. Ya just gotta deal with it.
    I know its only February but do I hear post of the year!? Fantastic stuff Judy! It makes me proud to know you and call you a friend!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast