Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

0 members and 3,281 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: For those who have used Equate to treat mites...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    I heard that about you!

-adam

Thanks

wow this is news to me. you mean to tell me there is going to be chat TONIGHT at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST. wow if someone had told me that there was 8 Ball Chat at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST. i would of made plans to be at 8 Ball Chat at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST..

how dare you accuese adam of pluging 8 Ball Chat at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST

how funny.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BALLISTIC BOAS
    wow this is news to me. you mean to tell me there is going to be chat TONIGHT at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST. wow if someone had told me that there was 8 Ball Chat at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST. i would of made plans to be at 8 Ball Chat at chat.8ballpythons.com tonight at 9pm EST..

how funny.
    Jeez Matt ... people might think you're trying to get a free snake or something ... easy killer.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

i dont want anything from any one. i allready have a feed bil that would make most people cry.

here is what i think of that. adam

Thanks

people can think what they want that is one of the things that can be done here. lamo
    Jeez Matt ... people might think you're trying to get a free snake or something ... easy killer.

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Maybe the ingredients are the same, but are the concentrations of ingredients the same?
    That is what Matt was getting at in his earlier post.

both are dangerious and poisioness. pam has a little more of the bug killer in it than equate. i will acknowledge that both work and if pam is what you feel better using go for it.
    Do a search on google for active ingredients on both products...

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Its amazing how far some will go to back something that they have NO experience using just to appear knowledgeable.
    No one is trying to back anything to APPEAR knowledgeable. I myself am only trying to offer a solution that has worked for many herpers and breeders alike.

Use what you feel comfortable using. If you go the Equate route. Use just as you would PAM. People can misuse PAM as easy as they can misuse Equate!
    I would understand if you were comparing NIX Vs PAM or NIX VS Equate, but PAM Vs Equate...SAME THING, SAME USE, SAME RESULTS!!

-adam

Thanks

I treat all of my bedding with Equate as a preventative that something was in the substrate initially. I keep bedding in big tubs......so I give the tub full of new substrate a good blasting, seal up the tub, let it sit for a few days, air it out, then use the bedding.

If I actually had mites, I would use the can of PAM that I have sitting around to treat everything instead. Why go 'low dose' when you want to get rid of an existing problem?

Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of the tiny bugs that like to wonder into my monitor enclosures.....without killing all the crickets and poisoning my monitors.....oh well, I will continue to fight the hard fight by scooping out whatever I see

Thanks

you can use pam in your monitors cage. just use it in small doses on the sided. dont spray the bedding. i treat my monitor cages all the time and have not lost one yet.

Thanks

Back to the basic question...I have used both (for several years)and now only use Equate. The active ingredient is Pyrethin which is water soluable (meaning it breaks down and is useless in the presence of water - so you must use it in a dry environment) it acts by stopping oxygen exchange in insects so they basically suffocate (sp). This is why is works so fast.

It doesn't work on Mammals or reptiles (in normal concentrations - but follow the instructions anyway - see the PAM link in a previous post)

The reason you still have mites is that ivermectin is a de-wormer and won't have any affect on mites. Get PAM or Equate (either works fine and spray away)

When I rescued an infested ball I sprayed my hands till they were wet and ran them over the snake to kill all the mites and ticks (solved the problem in one treatment - I washed my hands at this ) I also have any auto sprayer in my garage for my rats to kill EVERY bug in my garage and away from my rats...and in this case they breath the pyrethins all day long and my reptiles eat the rats (for over a decade without issue)

The choice is up to you but from my experience there is minimal risk.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

i dont want anything from any one. i allready have a feed bil that would make most people cry.
    Want to trade feeder bills? ... LMAO!!!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast