Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

3 members and 3,337 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thor - Scratching on Glass

he's just doing what dragons like to do... leave him alone... perhaps cover the cage and turn off the lights for the rest of the night and let him calm down. he's just stressing cause he wants to come out and play...

but let him settle before you start bringing him out.

and yup, newspaper is perfect!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

might also be a reflection issue? sometimes if they see a reflection on the glass they get a little weird!

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

I have a Uro that did the same thing until I put up fish tank background on 3 sides of the tank. He would scratch constantly at the reflection.

Thanks

i dont get why sand is such a big deal or bd's i mean hell they are desert animals and the babies r on sand when they r in the desert so i just dont get it i mean yea i work at a pet store and we have our beardies on the sand and i make sure there is a bucket with food so they dont get impacted but still in the wild they are born and raised on sand. can someone explain to me further why young beardies shouldnt be on sand. besides the impaction fact. and the fact that i just stated above as they r desert animals

Thanks

Punctuation is awesome... Yep.

And no, Beardeds do not live on sand in their natural habitat. They live on hard compacted clay and rocky areas, no sand.

Beardies, ideally, should be kept on ceramic tiles, paper towels, newspaper, etc while they are younger, and then when they are older(18mos-2 years) you can switch them to a particulate substrate such as the finely sifted playsand from Home Depot/Lowe's. It's made for children's sandboxes and is much finer grain than anything you'll find at the pet store.

I, myself, find that the slate tiles look very professional and are easy to keep clean.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    i dont get why sand is such a big deal or bd's i mean hell they are desert animals and the babies r on sand when they r in the desert so i just dont get it i mean yea i work at a pet store and we have our beardies on the sand and i make sure there is a bucket with food so they dont get impacted but still in the wild they are born and raised on sand. can someone explain to me further why young beardies shouldnt be on sand. besides the impaction fact. and the fact that i just stated above as they r desert animals
    As far as I am aware, Bearded Dragons are from Australia. They do not live on sand there but rather dirt and rocks. Sand can cause impaction. Read care sheets written by the experts. They know because they have spent years working with and breeding these animals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Punctuation is awesome... Yep.

And no, Beardeds do not live on sand in their natural habitat. They live on hard compacted clay and rocky areas, no sand.

Beardies, ideally, should be kept on ceramic tiles, paper towels, newspaper, etc while they are younger, and then when they are older(18mos-2 years) you can switch them to a particulate substrate such as the finely sifted playsand from Home Depot/Lowe's. It's made for children's sandboxes and is much finer grain than anything you'll find at the pet store.

I, myself, find that the slate tiles look very professional and are easy to keep clean.
    I think I'll just follow you around and agree!

Thanks

lol, sorry about the no puncuation thing. i just start typin and forget to add all the periods, and comas. ok well thank you for clearing the beardie substrate up for me ill have to switch it over in the store now since thats how they were kept before i started there and since ive been there im the only one who does anything for the animals so they told me to take care of them and get the habitates as close to real as i can

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12