Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,246

0 members and 3,246 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Will Take Unwanted Reptiles

in that case i would go to the papers and also higher up the chain of command at the spca.

i'm a real 'get it done' person... i just keep going up the chain till i get justice... and so far, i've never failed.

cause there's always someone higher... or more publicity which can be brought to light. especially if you use manners, facts and are professional in your actions. don't mud sling, don't name call... cause you want to be taken seriously and when you act mature... you are taken as such.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

I'll take that into definite consideration...........good advise.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

glad to help
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    in that case i would go to the papers and also higher up the chain of command at the spca.

i'm a real 'get it done' person... i just keep going up the chain till i get justice... and so far, i've never failed.

cause there's always someone higher... or more publicity which can be brought to light. especially if you use manners, facts and are professional in your actions. don't mud sling, don't name call... cause you want to be taken seriously and when you act mature... you are taken as such.

There is something I learned when I was an international operator with AT&T a while back....

the customer is ALWAYS right

if something is wrong, as you mentioned, go up the chain of command. just dont let yourself get bullied into backing off until you get something done. is all else fails, go to your state attorney general. I have gone that route several times and have been satisfied with the results.

I reallt do commend you all who do rescues. I would if my SO wasnt ro touchy about gaining new pets. so I live vicariously (sp?) through the rest of you who are able to take in unwanted critters.
    "I'm pink, therefore I'm SPAM."

1.1.0 ball pythons, Nag (4) and Nagaina (3 yrs)
    1.2.0 kitties, Jack(3), Bootsie (8), and Nani (8)
    1.0.0 leucistic texas rat snake, Bloop (1 year)
    1.0.0 well trained fiance, Mark
    0.2.0 lovely daughters, Alyda (14) and Elise (10)
    ...And he BETTER obey! - Bill Cosby

Wendy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by green_man

You also need to realize that alot of pet store really don't make that much money on their pets. They have to feed and "take care of" said animals. They make all of their money on the accessories and food products.
    This is true... and after a while they are just another mouth to feed to the petstore owner.

Props for the rescueing of these animals. I've been doing my best to try to rescue some of the balls in the area around Tampa and give them a good home and care. I don't have enough experience, space nor the help with the larger species like the burms and tic's but I do my best to take care of the balls.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Well I don't feel the need apologize because like everyone said, there are so many scammer ads that say just what yours did. People are always looking for free snakes! But I think it's great what you are doing. And I feel for you, my Grandfather's 100 year old house just burnt to the ground in California 2 weeks ago. My dad,sister, and 2 nephews lost everything and almost their lives.

Anyways, I'm glad the pet stores around me aren't nearly as bad as some of the ones I've seen in the bigger cities like Buffalo and Rochester. I'd say if you want to do something, than you scare them. Bring a copy of the SPCA animal rights and say if they don't shape up that you'll report them. Or better yet, report them! Take pictures...that's always a sure fire way to catch them.
    (Formerly HadesBP18)
    1.0 Spider: Artemas
    1.0 Mojave coming soon!
    0.1 High Contrast Albino coming soon!
    1.1 Pastels: Hyperion and Theia (DSD Pastel girl coming soon!)
    1.0 BCI: Kozma

RIP Kalypso 11/13/13

Lobo Reptiles

Thanks

well i'll definitely do that then we have contemplated pics before and they trust us if we took pics they wouldn't even think twice nor do they even pay attention to us in the first place.

The reptile guy gave me a white lip python under the table today- he has been there for 9mths, and two feet long with huge scabs on his back I quote " we have no clue how those got there" How the do you not notice something like that.omg.............. But anyways, he is very stressed and he has tried biting me everytime i have held him- he got nose LOL. He's cute though. Glad i took him home.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345