Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,385

4 members and 3,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: % of Females that become gravid

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastjungle
    It takes two to tango! It's not only up the female. You should have at LEAST two males! I have seen females and males be choosy about who they will breed with. I think the odds have alot to do with the amount of snakes in the party! If you have one male your odds are not gonna be as good!

I wish I could have 2 males for everything but some of the morphs are too expensive for me to buy 2. So far all of my females have been bred at least 4 times. The only female that is being a little stuck up is of course the Het Lavender female that I want to produce the most. My het Lav male will lock up for a full day with any other female I put him with but when it comes to the het lav female I have seen 4 locks but they were all short ones. He will line up his tail all day long but she just doesn't let him get in position. I just switched her to aspen from newspaper a couple weeks ago and that seems to be helping. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but she seems to be more receptive to him since the switch.
    John Vandegrift

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfan151
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence but she seems to be more receptive to him since the switch.
    Change is good for lots of things when it comes to ball pythons.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    I've said it a million times and a lot of people don't get it, but all of the advice, books, tip, tricks and whatever are worthless if you don't KNOW YOUR ANIMALS as individuals ... no two are a like ...
    -adam
    This is the best tidbit of info I've seen in a long time, so true......too many people dont understand that what works for you, me or anyone else, might not necessarily work for them. These animals are individuals, just like every person on this forum Great post Adam!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12