Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,204

2 members and 3,202 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiders????

Thanks

Re: Spiders????

There are plenty of reputable 'flippers' that go to shows.

Steven, please remember the edit button

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    Sure they can, but if the person has a great rep on the BOI and has a history of selling hets with no negative feedback I'd probably take the chance...
    Over the years, lots of people on the BOI that had great reps at one point turned into bad guys for selling hets that didn't prove out once they were raised to breeding size.

Here's something to think about ... the professional breeders that feed their kids with snake money can't afford to rip someone off because if they got caught their careers would be over ... but some dude with a couple of snakes and a table at a show could easily sell a bunch of normals as "hets" and then a year or two or three later disappear from the scene ... the dude at the show has nothing "invested" in the market and wouldn't get hurt at all from a tarnished reputation ... and before you get started with the idea of criminal prosecution, no one has ever been convicted of any crimes involving the sale of fake hets and probably never will.

There is a lot of security in the idea of spending big bucks with the big boys that makes me feel very comfortable paying a little extra when I need to.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    There is a lot of security in the idea of spending big bucks with the big boys that makes me feel very comfortable paying a little extra when I need to.

-adam
    All so true.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    There are plenty of reputable 'flippers' that go to shows.

Steven, please remember the edit button
    My apologies, I didn't intend any negativity or anything against the reputable flippers...

Thanks

Here's the sad thing...

Everyone in this hobby is supposed to be in it for the love of the snakes 1st, not some investment or business project! That's the difference between a career breeder and a hobbyist, they need snake $$$ to live!! We need snake $$$ to buy more snakes and enjoy ourselves!
    If you think that someone that is a career breeder doesn't love the animals more than the $$$, you have no idea what it takes to feed, care for, and clean animals for a living ... it is a dedication that most people on this planet will never understand ... the security of a pay check at a normal 9-5 job is something that most breeders dream about everytime an animal dies, or a clutch of eggs goes bad, or odds don't work out like they should have. I think that if you actually took the time to talk to the pioneers of this industry like Kevin McCurley, Bob Clark, Tracy Barker, Peter Kahl, Ralph Davis, etc you'd realize that for those people, the money is only secondary to doing what they love ... in the end, they are hobbyists like you and I that have just taken their passion to the next level.

I admire them all!

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

Hey Adam weren't you one of those flippers at one time?

We all have to start off somewhere...
    No, NEVER ... Everything I have ever sold or will ever sell was and is produced by me ... I don't resell other peoples animals and I've never set up at a show ... Nothing wrong with the practice, it's just not for me.

I started by selling my animals for what I feel they are worth, by respecting the professional breeders prices, by never undercutting my own customers, by being 100% honest all the time, and by trying to provide every one of my customers with the same level of service and quality that I would expect myself ... I have been blessed to have had a lot of success over the years and the future at this point seems limitless for my business!

-adam
    Last edited by Adam_Wysocki; 01-08-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Great!
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    No, NEVER ... Everything I have ever sold or will ever sell was and is produced by me ... I don't resell other peoples animals and I've never set up at a show ... Nothing wrong with the practice, it's just not for me.

I started by selling my animals for what I feel they are worth, by respecting the professional breeders prices, by never undercutting my own customers, by being 100% honest all the time, and by trying to provide everyone one of my customers with the same level of service and quality that I would expect myself ... I have been blessed to have had a lot of success over the years and the future at this point seems limitless for my business!

-adam
    There's only one this missing here...what about Jesus?
    -Brad

Thanks

Great post!
    Ed, I'm the same way, I love to root for the underdog...the smaller breeders or hobbyists...when you produce some clutches I would love to check out what hatches and if you have something that I like or catches my eye I don't see what would be stopping me from buying from you...
    Steven,

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that ... you've made a lot of posts in this thread that seem to be justifying getting getting "deals" on animals ... no need to defend yourself, everyone loves deals and no one is saying that you're wrong for buying like that ... if it works for you great!

My personal feelings on buying snakes are a little different and I'm not shy about it ... but they are MY feelings and mine alone ... I don't expect anyone at anytime to either agree or disagree with me, only to respect my way of doing things just as I respect theirs ... If you like finding quality animals on the cheap good for you! ... That's awesome! ... I personally prefer to pay a little more and buy from the best breeders in the business that have been gracious enough to develop personal relationships with me over the years ... To each their own!

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    There's only one this missing here...what about Jesus?
    My feelings about my god and my religion are deeply personal ... I hope that is something all can respect.

-adam

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast