Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,200

0 members and 3,200 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiders????

Thanks

Re: Spiders????

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    I say good for the people that get the deals! ... They have a right to brag!

-adam
    I just don't see the point, especially in cases when the person is making an investment and broadcasting that to future potential customers. But hey, to each their own!
    -Brad

Thanks

You're not going to find a spider anywhere het for anything that's only $250 more than a normal spider.

-adam
    Probably not (more likely)... But you never know... especially if someone's having a slow day and/or weekend...
    Last edited by djslurp1200; 01-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    But it doesn't even have to do with being on a tight budget or not... Regardless if I was shopping for an animal and even if I had $5k in my pocket I would still opt for the animal that was $250 cheaper as long as it was healthy, What I wanted to clean up after and feed and the customer service was good...
    Lots of people have that exact same attitude and I think it's great ... I know lots of people that make high six figure incomes that drive hyundai's because they just like the way they look ... totally cool.

I think my point was that it doesn't matter if you're looking to save a few bucks (for whatever reason) or if you're looking for a higher end shopping experience, there are breeders in this business that can satisfy every type of consumer.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Probably not (more likely)... But you never know... especially if someone's having a slow day and/or weekend...
    Would you really feel good about a "het" that someone needed to move so badly that they dropped the price at least a thousand dollars below market value?

I know that I wouldn't ... but hey, that's just me ... only been around this business for 10 years ... what would I know.

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

After you have purchased many animals from different people you will find you get what you paID for. I got a DEAL last year on a larger female pastel and arrived beautiful and good size from someone who got it from someone most of us has heard of so I felt I got a good deal. Well that animal turned out to be a male which cost much less and worth ALOT less this year. So I lost a year and now am selling another male pastel for less than half what I paid. Don't need 2 males! Not such a good deal now, but I'll chaulk that up to experience. I knew other breeders that were selling for more that I already had good experiences with but I went for the deal. Getting back to spiders I bought one early this year for $1,500 from Jon at Nextworld Exotics. Well thats what they were going for then. When I saw Jon in Daytona he felt bad because the price droped so much but thats not his fault! He said I will give you a great deal on the next thing you buy. So later this year he sold me a pair of Cinamons for a GREAT price to make up for the spider drop! He didn't have to do that but thats the service you get from reputable people that want your return business and want you to do well. He knows if I do well I'll be back with more $ and lots of references. There are only a few people I will do business with online and thats not about price but quality, service and reputation. I could be producing pewters this year but that great deal came back to haunt me! BEWARE OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DEAL!

Thanks

Would you really feel good about a "het" that someone needed to move so badly that they dropped the price at least a thousand dollars below market value?

-adam
    Well if it was guaranteed that it was infact a het? Sure... If it proved out... even better! Whether they dropped the price $5 or $1,000 it wouldn't matter to me...They obviously needed the money and I wanted the animal so we both won...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastjungle
    BEWARE OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DEAL!
    Good advice for anyone... I've had good luck with "good deals" so far, But that doesn't mean I'm going to always go for them... The way I see it... As long as the animal I'm buying is the correct sex that is being sold to me and healthy and provided with excellent customer service whether it be sold at a "good deal" or "market value" that's what's important to me...

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am with Adam I couldn't spend 4500 on a pied so if someone had one at say 2500 or even 1500 yea I be all ove it. I think to some who you got it from is just as important as what the animal looks like. Braging rights basicly. You say oh thats a spider from some dude at an expo and people will go oh its pretty, and never know the differance. To someone like Me and Cue and Tim and some others we get a kick out of saying thats an 8Ball, or I got that one streight for Sean at EBN or Mark Janaus (sp) hand picked that one for me. Now thats not to say that I wouldn't walk by a booth of some unknown and not find something I like. Its all in what you want if you just want a spider or a mojave and don't care about the breeder name then cool more power to you. I have a couple like that. Its all in what you want.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Well if it was guaranteed that it was infact a het? Sure.
    Anyone can guarantee anything is a het ... LOL

If it proved out... even better!\
    Well, that right there is the biggest difference between getting a deal at a show and buying from a pro like NERD, RDR, PKR, etc ... there are no "ifs" ... I'm looking forward to "when" my hets produce homozygous animals.

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    I am with Adam I couldn't spend 4500 on a pied so if someone had one at say 2500 or even 1500 yea I be all ove it. I think to some who you got it from is just as important as what the animal looks like. Braging rights basicly. You say oh thats a spider from some dude at an expo and people will go oh its pretty, and never know the differance. To someone like Me and Cue and Tim and some others we get a kick out of saying thats an 8Ball, or I got that one streight for Sean at EBN or Mark Janaus (sp) hand picked that one for me. Now thats not to say that I wouldn't walk by a booth of some unknown and not find something I like. Its all in what you want if you just want a spider or a mojave and don't care about the breeder name then cool more power to you. I have a couple like that. Its all in what you want.
    The more you buy from pros like Sean and Mark, the more you don't even want to bother with the flippers at the shows ... it feels good to be treated like a valued customer instead of just a random stranger trading a handful of cash for a snake in a old dirty bag.

-adam

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast