Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

5 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: Downsizing Collection 9 snakes up for grab

For the record, The JCP did shed today, and in one piece.

Do any of you understand that these snakes were given to me to find them a home??? I did not ask for them in this condition, therfor I should not be held accountable. The other option was that they be left where they were, until he returned. I provide Heat, water, food and a clean shelter for them. At least they are being given another chance.

If you think that you can take better cae of them then buy them and shut up about them. I was asked to sell them and thats what I plan on doing. Oh, by the way I have had them all vet checked, that I took in. Everyone of them checked out fine, with the exception of the Black Blood which is over weight, and the ETB is just a few ounces under weight.

Everyday they get misted (7am &5pm)and freshwater. the Humidity in the room is 65%. the air temp is about 75 degrees. Each Tank has a heat lamp (sorry that I haven't the chance to get heat tape), plus a hide and a large water bowl.

I am so sorry that I am not a professional photographer as all of you.

Instead of helping someone care for them all you can do is jump down their throat, I have not read one post that someone was not hostile. Everyone of them points fingers and thats not right.

Forums are suppose to be like a tight family, and one that helps each other, one that you can learn from, The only thing that you lern here is How not to post and include photos I wish I could pull my listing and membership off of here. If there was a way I do it in a heart beat.

better yet, lets do this...
    ALL LISTINGS ARE SOLD!!!! I'd be crazy to sell anyone of these snake to anyone on here.

if any mods read the please revoke my membership. CJ
    Last edited by rabernet; 01-16-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Cursing - AGAIN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    Do any of you understand that these snakes were given to me to find them a home???

Instead of helping someone care for them all you can do is jump down their throat, I have not read one post that someone was not hostile. Everyone of them points fingers and thats not right.

Forums are suppose to be like a tight family, and one that helps each other, one that you can learn from, The only thing that you lern here is How not to post and include photos I wish I could pull my listing and membership off of here. If there was a way I do it in a heart beat.

better yet, lets do this...
    ALL LISTINGS ARE SOLD!!!! I'd be crazy to sell anyone of these snake to anyone on here.

if any mods read the please revoke my membership. CJ

You can "leave" by logging out and clearing your computers cookies and cache and never bringing this site up again.

Maybe you should have stated that these where not your animals in the first place? I think that would have helped... but I also think that you should have kept those snimals and gotten then in better health before selling them. No one here wants to see a sick snake who looks half dead sold! I just hope the people you sold them to take the time to bulk up these snakes and back to good condition over all. Everyone here was worried about the snakes, that is all.

This forum is a tight little family (or so I consider it) full of people who love snakes and other reptiles, and animals, etc. We only want the best for everyones animals in the end. We don't like seeing animals in bad conditions.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

WOW, I just read the entire thread and that was one intense time.
    Wow... you guys gave it to him real good!
    Poor guy had bad pictures, and I guess unhealthy snakes.
    Too bad, I kinda would like that GTP. I've been looking for one for a while now!
    Maybe a Sorong or Biak. Id rather the Sorong.

I do understand where he is coming from as well.

Once I started a thread about "how to probe a snake", and eventually I was being attacked and was told I shouldnt be going to my current vet and that she had no idea about snakes. I suppose I brought it apon myself by saying I gave it Oilve Oil but meant to say Mineral, but there was no need for everyone to have a stab at me. Crackjack might feel the same way a little bit.

But we all care for the health of the snakes and I bet he does too.

anyway, Best of luck to crackerjack, and to the snakes, and also to this tight little family.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    but I also think that you should have kept those snimals and gotten then in better health before selling them.
    I couldn't agree more. You assumed responsibility for these animals when you agreed to take them. It would only seem right that you would get them into tip-top shape before offering them for sale - or else put them up as rescues, rather than try to make money off of unhealthy animals if you were unable to re-hab them yourself. They are clearly in need of re-hab from someone who is dedicated to doing so.

Thanks

I am downsizing my collection, so several must go...
    Black Blood Python Male 13 m/o $250
    Macklott Python 2y/o $250
    Breeder pair of Bull snakes $175
    06 Jungle carpet python $125
    early 06 Retic Python $150
    Ball python male 4' proven $150
    6 m/o Green tree python $400
    3 y/o Emerald Tree Boa $550 YES it can be handle by any one!!!

all are very docile, the GTP is somewhat nippy. but that is because of his age, he will settle down with a little time and patience.
    I have listed over $2000 worth of prime snakes... I will take $1700 for all.shipping is roughly 35-50 dollars depending on location.
    you can email me directly or you can call me on my cell phone 256-515-0793
    I can email photos

You misrepresented these snakes as part of your "collection," implying that you've owned them for a some time. No one knew that they were given to you in poor condition and that you have only had them for a brief time. You also claimed your giving us a deal by seeling $2000 worth of snakes for just $1700! Well, it's only a deal if the snakes don't aren't ill. A healthy $500 snake for $400 is a deal. If you have to put $150 into vet bills and rehabiliation, um, not a a deal...

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    but I also think that you should have kept those snimals and gotten then in better health before selling them.
    Exactly. Get 'em well, then give us a "deal."
    Last edited by nebby3103; 01-16-2007 at 10:33 AM.

VP of Cool
    Thanks

F
    Do any of you understand that these snakes were given to me to find them a home??? I did not ask for them in this condition, therfor I should not be held accountable.
    Once again you missed the point. And yes I do know that these snakes were given to you...not in the best of shape apparently by whomever took care of them before. That is obviously not your fault. What I'm saying is that as some one who decided to take in such badly cared for animals, it's your absolute responsibility to make sure that they in good condition before you attempt to make a sale!

As a buyer, I'm going to hold you responsible if the snake dies under my care, and not a friend of friend whom these animals originally belonged too. You sir are and should be held accountable!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

cracker,

had you come on this forum and posted something like this:

Hey Everyone, I'm new here... just got a bunch of snakes from a buddy who's been taken off to fight the war... they aren't in the best of shape and I need to sell them cause I can't keep them. Can you assist me to get them into tip top shape so I can rehome them?

I think you would have found a completely different thread underneath that posting. You would have seen many people come together, offering assistance, many offering their services (rescue) to help you rehab these snakes.

So rather than saying we are mean... perhaps you should look at the way you have presented yourself and them.

Best of luck with the snakes... I hope you are able to rehab them and find them great healthy forever homes.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

you are selling snakes in pretty bad shape. your friend should not of asked you to sell these snakes. if you were giving them to a good home i wouldnt attack you because you want the best for them. but you want money for ill snakes. i will apoligise for misreading your post as it is 4 oz underweight and not 15. but that is stil quite a bit. please do not sell unhealthy snakes as it is wrong.
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

You never should have posted those pathetic animals for sale.

Those should have been listed as rescues becuase it's going to take time and money to get them back to health.

Both you and your friend have no business keeping snakes if this is the condition they are in and you try to sell them to unsuspecting people.

I knew from the first pic that these animals were not healthy (and got bashed for it) but I was right. A so-called "bad photo" is not an excuse for posting sickly dehydrated and underwight animals.

If you had come here asking for help or looking for keepers who could properly take care of these animals instead of trying to sell them for top dollar and make people think they were getting a deal, you would have gotten a different response. Since you didn't, you got the responses that your ad deserved.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    cracker,

had you come on this forum and posted something like this:

Hey Everyone, I'm new here... just got a bunch of snakes from a buddy who's been taken off to fight the war... they aren't in the best of shape and I need to sell them cause I can't keep them. Can you assist me to get them into tip top shape so I can rehome them?

I think you would have found a completely different thread underneath that posting. You would have seen many people come together, offering assistance, many offering their services (rescue) to help you rehab these snakes.

So rather than saying we are mean... perhaps you should look at the way you have presented yourself and them.

Best of luck with the snakes... I hope you are able to rehab them and find them great healthy forever homes.
    I think Aleesha wrapped this thread up perfectly, and really anything else said is just fuel for a smelly fire. Time to wrap this one up.
    -- Judy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456