Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,419

1 members and 3,418 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Downsizing Collection 9 snakes up for grab

Jesus H man.....do you have any NON-dehydrated snakes?!?! That Jungle & Retic are flat out TERRIBLE looking. Those animals are not simply in shed, they are SEVERELY dehydrated and emaciated. I am stunned by what I've seen here.
    -David Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    First Thanks EClark...

and Uro1001
    Yes I am aware that 15oz is just short of a pound, but are you aware tht 19-20 oz is alittle over a pound.
    First I tell you what I found out, than I tell you what I was told to correct it. My god what do you want me to do???? Do you have a freaking vet that you want me to take it to?? wiggle my nose??? we are talking 4-5 oz's, that is not extremely under weight.
    What do you recommend??? you seem like the expert here... Do you have a recommended weight chart?? that take lenght, girth, and age and gives you the correct weight?
    you have not seen the snake, only some burry photos, even you said that they were blurry. you don't know how long she is or the girth size, but you can sit there and insult everything about her. If you want to buy her than buy her. If not than leave it alone.

The Ball has been sold...
    ok cracker,

you posted tons of snake pics that are underweight. what do you expect? a medal for not feeding your snakes well? because if it isnt that then it is intestional parasites. you told me the etb is 15 oz underweight. that is about 25% which is pretty devastating to a thin bodied snake. why dont you stop taking pictures from your cell phone becuase they are clearly misleading many bpnet members due to the lack of a good camera when you should be posting clear pics when you have an animal for sale. have fun selling your unhealthy animals to unexpecting victoms
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

you think that she is 15 oz underweight??? maybe you need to learn to read man... she is only 4 oz underweight. Before you started jumping all over someone real the thread dude.
    Last edited by iceman25; 01-15-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Cursing

Thanks

Those poor snakes. Hopefully the people that purchased them knew they were getting animals that are not in the best of health.

Please put a humid hide in with that JCP. That shed is going downhill fast and bad sheds can cause alot of trouble for young carpet pythons.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    she is only 4 oz underweight.
    Underweight is underweight....it could be 4 oz or 10 oz....really does not make any difference.

Thanks

Its very obvious that the Retic and Jungle had multiple retained eye caps, which if not treated could result in the loss of the use of their eye(s). They've got this new thing out that works wonders for this kind of situation.......its called water, maybe you've heard of it.
    -David Beard

VP of Cool
    Thanks

I've held back what I have to say because I have no experience with some of the snakes to make a judgement call on ur animals. However, I must go with my gut instinct and say that both the Retic and the Carpet python look emaciated to my eyes. You should under all circumstances consider not making the sale until you've had a chance to bring their "condition" back up to par.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Ok. I don't want to be attacked for claiming to know everything there is to know about every snake in the world. I'm a lowly casual BP owner. BUT, I do have an opinion, all be it not a professional one. I agree with what many have said. Some of the snakes do appear dehydrated and/or underweight. If nothing else, take to heart what seems to be the general concensus: something is wrong with your photos at best, your snakes at worst.

If I were in the market for another snake as a casual owner, I most certainly would not buy one from you based on what I've seen in the photos.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

put the needs of those snakes first and get them up to perfect health
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo
    Jesus H man.....do you have any NON-dehydrated snakes?!?! That Jungle & Retic are flat out TERRIBLE looking. Those animals are not simply in shed, they are SEVERELY dehydrated and emaciated. I am stunned by what I've seen here.
    Oh man you are 100% right with that!!!!
    Those animals look HORRIBLE!!!!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

I don't know much at all about ETB and carpet pythons except for what I have read and seen here. I have to say those poor snakes look horrible compared to the pics of "healthy" snakes that I have seen posted here. As for the snakes that are in shed...even after only owning my bp for almost 6 mths...I know that a healthy snake and a good shed DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast