Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,401

2 members and 3,399 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: Downsizing Collection 9 snakes up for grab

Only you Jess, Only you! HAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    They might say it, but they'd be wrong. That's a contraction of the saying "The proof of the pudding is in the eating", i.e. it may look pretty, but how does it taste? It's a perfectly logical phrase reduced to babble by the loss of a few words somewhere along the way.

This has been an emergency broadcast of the Public Colloquialisms Service. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks

Re: Downsizing Collection 9 snakes up for grab

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    "The proof of the pudding is in the eating".
    When I was a boy scout, I once ate rattlesnake. I have no idea what the name of the snake that I ate was, but IT WAS GOOD! In Korea, I ate dog meat, that was ok. I absolutley loath the slurpy things of the ocean (octopus, squid, oysters, muscles, etc.)

However, I am, absolutely, not interested in eating a Green Tree Python.
    -Akiva

1.0 Norm BP - Fluffy
    0.1 Wife - Nina
    1.1 Children - Sam, Aura

Thanks

Can we get a shot of the the Jungle Carpet?

...everyone needs a little R&R

RuddockReptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    its nice to know that this forum is full of vets and experts
    That means the vet that she has been going to for the last year, has go to be a "quack" and should not be in the vet business ans should have his liscence revoked!!
    For one, the Emerald, she was used in shows at school, pet store and other places for a year and a half, and therfor was handle quite a bit before I got her. Actually I can show you 3 more Emeralds that can be handled with no Problem and one was a wild caught hatchling.
    Two the GTP, I've only had for about a month, and was told that she was about 5 months at the time. I'm sorry I wasn't there to witness the birth.
    Both Snakes are keep with the Humidity at or between 80-85% and the temp between 82 and 86 degrees.
    But If you know anything about GTP and ETB than you know that it is very possible that they can be handle and that they can be very docile.
    But everyone is entitled to their personal opinion, oh yeah that what has happened to this country today... too many of them
    i own both species and wouldnt be very surprised to see a docile gtp. but i have never in my life seen an even somewhat docile etb that is healthy. one was decent but turned out to have an ri. funny eh? post a video. also post a pic of him on a scale
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Since everyone was concerned about the health of the Emerald, I took her to a different vet today. I'll post the contact info on the vet at the bottom of this post if anyone would like to call and verfy the info. She got a clean bill of health, and was slightly under weight (15 oz), she said that she would like to see her about 19-20 oz. She was neg on an RI. I was told to move her from mice to rats pups/fuzzies for the extra fat content.
    So, if anyone would like to see the report I will be more than happy to scan it and place it on her.
    Vet Info
    Dr. Drummond
    Rainbow City Pet Clinic
    Rainbow City, AL
    256-442-1877

I was completmented on how docile she was, and they were very amazed by her. Feel free to contact them if you'd like.

I will get a photo of the Jungle Carpet up shortly.
    CJ

Thanks

Jungle Carpet Photos... By the way he is getting ready to shed...

Thanks

I'm sorry that that snake looks like it is dried out... Don't get me wrong I'm not familiar with JCPs at all and I'm not sure how they look when it is time to shed. But If I owned that snake and it looked like that I would take it to a vet.
    -Kyle
    Green = 8 Ball Python
    1.3 Normal Ball
    1.1 Nerd Lemon Pastel & VPI Pastel
    1.1 100% Het Albino and Homo Albino
    1.1 100% Het Butterscotch/Yellow Hypo
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks

cracker,

you do realize 15 oz is just about a pound? that is pretty underweight.
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo
    I'm sorry that that snake looks like it is dried out... Don't get me wrong I'm not familiar with JCPs at all and I'm not sure how they look when it is time to shed. But If I owned that snake and it looked like that I would take it to a vet.
    Kyle, Once again you are talking about something you know little about. You just stated you know nothing about JCPs. but that does not stop you from giving advice!
    You send me PMs telling me that Im misrepesenting my Lemon pastels, because you are buying one from Adam and the two are Different!
    Dude, you do not have to post every thought you have or send an insulting PM, just because you think that you know more than someone else!

Sometimes.....Just ask yourself..Will I improve upon the silence if I speak.

Thanks

First Thanks EClark...

and Uro1001
    Yes I am aware that 15oz is just short of a pound, but are you aware tht 19-20 oz is alittle over a pound.
    First I tell you what I found out, than I tell you what I was told to correct it. My god what do you want me to do???? Do you have a freaking vet that you want me to take it to?? wiggle my nose??? we are talking 4-5 oz's, that is not extremely under weight.
    What do you recommend??? you seem like the expert here... Do you have a recommended weight chart?? that take lenght, girth, and age and gives you the correct weight?
    you have not seen the snake, only some burry photos, even you said that they were blurry. you don't know how long she is or the girth size, but you can sit there and insult everything about her. If you want to buy her than buy her. If not than leave it alone.

The Ball has been sold...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast