Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,176

0 members and 3,176 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: the "negative rep" game

I'm not (Startoing) a fight with an 18 year old idiot... I left you a neg because I can.. And 3 for one post is NOT bad trust me LOL.

Thanks

[taking a break from feeding bloods]

Why not have a single, definitive "extol the benefits of the rep system/gripe about neg rep points" thread? It seems like every other week or so someone starts a new thread whining about receiving negative rep points. How about combining all of those posts into a central (and probably never-ending!) thread on the topic to which folks may add their opinions, instead of starting a new topic every few days or so? And starters of subsequent, separate threads griping about negative rep points are immediately awarded additional negative rep points, and blown to itty-bitty bits, in Thy mercy...

Whoa...sorry for the MP sidetrack there. But all the other stuff, yeah!

[/runs back upstairs to hang with the blood pythons!]
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Jeff, why not atleast apolagize to Joe. We all know he didnt leave you neg, and you flat out assumed that it was him. When you say negative reps are a "childs way of pissing some one off" or whatever, how so? It obviously came from 3 different people. Im damn sure that they did not PM each other planning on giveing you neg. I dont know what post it was but if you did get 3, then you did deserve them. And if you are as mature as you say you are then you would say sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    yes joe, i am ignoring you. i'm attempting to have an ADULT conversation. now go into your corner and read a book!
    No i dont wanna .ISHY MEANY
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PJ FF
    Jeff, why not atleast apolagize to Joe. We all know he didnt leave you neg, and you flat out assumed that it was him. When you say negative reps are a "childs way of pissing some one off" or whatever, how so? It obviously came from 3 different people. Im damn sure that they did not PM each other planning on giveing you neg. I dont know what post it was but if you did get 3, then you did deserve them. And if you are as mature as you say you are then you would say sorry.
    Pj ff,it would not matter if he did apologize to me as i would not see it nor would i care.I chose to use the ignore button for the very first time here.We all know the truth and thats all matters to me.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Actually it might be interesting to know Jeff which thread caused you to receive the 3 neg rep hits from three different members. That's not a terribly common occurrence here so if you'd like to post the link, I'd certainly be interested in which one it was.

As far as the rep system, it's not perfect nor can it be. If you feel a rep point is unfair, unwarranted or abusive you have the Mods or Admins available to you to discuss the matter with in PM. Most forums online do not have the immediate response/assistance of volunteer staff as this one does.

However, complaining about neg reps and making blanket accusations publically without proof aren't about to earn you good rep points either. In the end, most people don't really care much about rep points on a snake board. They are going to, however, judge you by the quality of your posts in their totality and the way you represent yourself here.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

as i said before i am not mad about getting neg rep i really dont care its the system that is making me post this its a little game and as you cn see some aggree with me. go ahaed give me more neg rep... i really dont care as I have a life that doesnt pertain to the computer.
    Last edited by tigerlily; 12-31-2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Let's keep it family friendly please
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

this is Getting ridiculous-----i think this should be locked! we are not getting anywhere with this thread and its not helping anyone and it seems post are meant to hurt feelings! i came here for knowledge and help with BP's not to listen to a couple of grown men whine and cry---grow up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Actually it might be interesting to know Jeff which thread caused you to receive the 3 neg rep hits from three different members. That's not a terribly common occurrence here so if you'd like to post the link, I'd certainly be interested in which one it was.

As far as the rep system, it's not perfect nor can it be. If you feel a rep point is unfair, unwarranted or abusive you have the Mods or Admins available to you to discuss the matter with in PM. Most forums online do not have the immediate response/assistance of volunteer staff as this one does.

However, complaining about neg reps and making blanket accusations publically without proof aren't about to earn you good rep points either. In the end, most people don't really care much about rep points on a snake board. They are going to, however, judge you by the quality of your posts in their totality and the way you represent yourself here.
    This is the thread.I THINK the post he is talking about getting neg rep is post 18. http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...8&page=2&pp=10
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    This is the thread.I THINK the post he is talking about getting neg rep is post 18. http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...8&page=2&pp=10
    Wow!!!! did anyone else read the BOI thread that Jeff linked to in that post????? Crazy Stuff!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast