Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

3 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: the "negative rep" game

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    *wipes off her cheeks*... man you slobbbber! and stop that... now you are reaaaaaaally ruining my reputation!!!!
    Ruin your rep .I just made you the most lubbed woman on ball pythons .net .Somebody pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssssssse kill meeeeeeeeeee i now have ISHY COOTIES
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

you want to know what i find amazing. it's the people on this forum who complain about the reptutation system the most who seem to give out the MOST neg reps.

i'm not pointing any fingers at anyone specifically... but you all know who you are. you sit here and complain... saying you got a neg rep and it wasn't fair. saying it's not fair for people to neg rep you... etc etc and then you go and neg rep others...

amazing how something you feel is soooo unfair is something you do yourself!

how about... focusing on the positive reps you can find and give them out instead.

and... while i'm ranting... ever notice no one ever complains about getting a positive rep point? no one ever says... "excuse me, this positive rep isn't really warranted and i'd like it removed - as my post really wasn't all that helpful"
    i have no offence to getting neg rep as i realized it was a bad post i made. but 3 neg reps for one post? onle little post gives me 3 neg reps. its the lack of limitations to the rep system that made me post this. for no reason i could give anyone tons of neg rep in a single day and there is nothing anyonecan do about it if i did this. i also think that rep should always be checked over by a moderator for someone like jasballs who comes cursing at me (yes she left her name) thinking she has the right to do what she wants.
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uro1001
    i have no offence to getting neg rep as i realized it was a bad post i made. but 3 neg reps for one post? onle little post gives me 3 neg reps. its the lack of limitations to the rep system that made me post this. for no reason i could give anyone tons of neg rep in a single day and there is nothing anyonecan do about it if i did this. i also think that rep should always be checked over by a moderator for someone like jasballs who comes cursing at me (yes she left her name) thinking she has the right to do what she wants.
    She? I am a man.
    Last edited by recycling goddess; 12-31-2006 at 01:46 AM. Reason: please refrain from posting in a neg manner and keep it family friendly!

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

but 3 neg reps for one post? onle little post gives me 3 neg reps. its the lack of limitations to the rep system that made me post this.
    obviously at least three different members felt your post was negative. the reputation system is put in place to assist you to see how other member's are viewing your posts. if they feel you are being negative then perhaps you should take a look at what you are saying, how you are saying it and see if there's a better way to express yourself.

for no reason i could give anyone tons of neg rep in a single day and there is nothing anyonecan do about it if i did this.
    yes there is. the admin team can ban you from this site, they can remove your ability to give neg reps, they can choose to remove all the neg reps you gave out... etc.

i also think that rep should always be checked over by a moderator for someone like jasballs who comes cursing at me (yes she left her name) thinking she has the right to do what she wants.
    we are not running a kindergarden here. IF you feel you are being unfairly treated - please do not hesitate to contact a moderator or admin via pm. not only giving the details of why you feel the rep was unjust but a link to the post in question.

honestly... i don't understand why people don't just try to be more polite in their posting... would you speak to people at your workplace like some of you do on this forum? well these posts... every single one of them are made by a living, breathing, feeling human being. just like you.

they have feelings. what they read can make their day better or turn it into a bad day... since we each have that power... why not use it to brighten other people's days instead of darkening them?

in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

well im sorry but i thought"jas"or jasmine was a girls name. you are startiong a fight over the internet which is rediculous this thread wasnt started because you feel like a hotshot and start fights over your gender? i am hardly mad about this whole situation and am not trying to trash anyones rep....
    Last edited by uro1001; 12-31-2006 at 01:51 AM.
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.

Thanks

obviously at least three different members felt your post was negative. the reputation system is put in place to assist you to see how other member's are viewing your posts. if they feel you are being negative then perhaps you should take a look at what you are saying, how you are saying it and see if there's a better way to express yourself.

yes there is. the admin team can ban you from this site, they can remove your ability to give neg reps, they can choose to remove all the neg reps you gave out... etc.

we are not running a kindergarden here. IF you feel you are being unfairly treated - please do not hesitate to contact a moderator or admin via pm. not only giving the details of why you feel the rep was unjust but a link to the post in question.

honestly... i don't understand why people don't just try to be more polite in their posting... would you speak to people at your workplace like some of you do on this forum? well these posts... every single one of them are made by a living, breathing, feeling human being. just like you.

they have feelings. what they read can make their day better or turn it into a bad day... since we each have that power... why not use it to brighten other people's days instead of darkening them?

I lubbs ya ISHY ,Please somebody kill me i have ISHY cooties .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

let me correct myself. 3 neg reps in one thread the rep system is a childs way to piss people off
    jeff

steve,

Thanks

i have to respectfully disagree with you jeff. if i received three neg reps in one thread... i would, without a doubt, stop and look at what i was saying and how i was saying it... cause honestly... every single person has to give reputation points to a lot of other people and only a max of 10 a day... before they can rehit someone. so the chances of it being one person within one thread is slim to none. and if three different people were hitting me... well i'd spend a bit of time rethinking the way i represent myself.

but that's just me... and my opinion.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    I lubbs ya ISHY ,Please somebody kill me i have ISHY cooties .
    Ishy you are ignoring me again .I have COOKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

yes joe, i am ignoring you. i'm attempting to have an ADULT conversation. now go into your corner and read a book!
    in light, Aleesha

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast