Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,001

1 members and 2,000 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation What could it be?

A friend of mine who has a couple ball pythons here in Tampa told me about a female that he had acquired and that I should check it out because he thought it "might" be a morph or something... Well I went over and he took it out to show me and I thought "oh pretty normal"

But as I looked the animal over more it had several (3 or 4) blotches of solid white on it's body. The blotches are COMPLETELY white and not scared, malformed or anything. (actually the snake has no scars at all)
    Surrounding the white blotches is a black outline of scales going around the rather odd white markings...

The snake itself doesn't have the abbarent (spelling?) pattern that a pied would have so I think it's safe to say that it's not a low white pied...AND it doesn't look like a ringer because theres no fading of the background color or the black pattern around the white markings either... It's really kind of weird. I don't have any pictures of it so I can't post anything up but I will take some next time I go over there...

Any Idea's?

P.S. The "white blotches" range from an inch to a inch and a half around...

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What could it be?

I can almost tell you for sure that if he said it "might be a morph" its not a pied. I might just be a high white normal then again it might be something else. I mean calico's can look like that get pics and let us see.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    I can almost tell you for sure that if he said it "might be a morph" its not a pied. I might just be a high white normal then again it might be something else. I mean calico's can look like that get pics and let us see.
    Well, he's not really knowledgable on morphs so he wasn't sure ya know? and it's not like the "white markings" are linked to the belly at all...their on it's sides about mid body...It just boggles me because it doesn't have that pattern of a pied...but it's got frosty snow white blotches the size of a quarter and up...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    get pics and let us see.
    I will, I think I'm going over there this weekend...If I do I'd love to take pictures...I know it's hard trying to give an opinion or idea what something is without seeing it 1st hand...

Thanks

has anybody ever seen this though? a complete normal pattern with solid white blotched markings?...

Thanks

Wait until you get some pictures...then you'll get some "quality" replies I'm sure....
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    has anybody ever seen this though? a complete normal pattern with solid white blotched markings?...
    yes I have, on a pied. But I really doubt he has one without even knowing. These are $3000+ snakes
    lots of snakes

Thanks

yeah you got a good point... I've gotta go over there and snap 'em...

I guess you really have to see them to see what I'm talking about...and make your judgement...it probably seems a little hard to believe...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmlowe5704
    yes I have, on a pied. But I really doubt he has one without even knowing. These are $3000+ snakes
    well the difference is though is the piebald has an abbearant pattern...instead of a normal pattern. Somewhat similar but different none the less...This one has a complete normal pattern with the white markings so...that's what gets me...
    having seen it and knowing what the pieds look like I wouldn't want to say it was a pied unless it's a new line and doesn't have the abbearant pattern...

Thanks

I'll get pictures on here as soon as I can...it's just been bugging the heck out of me wondering what the heck is up with it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast