Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,131

1 members and 3,130 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Someone wiped me out.....

Here's a warning to everyone, make sure you keep a regular check on your bank accounts because someone cleaned mine out. The whole thing. Every penny. Gone. I fell victim to a card clone device at a 7-11 store. About a week ago I got two hot dogs at a 7-11 near where I work and my card information, including my pin number, was stolen and cloned to a blank card which was then used to clean me out at several atm machines. I was not the only one. There have been many reports of the same thing happening in the area. I know this because I take the reports... Here's how it works... Somehow when you swipe your card, your information is logged and put onto a different card in the hands of the thief that took your numbers. Since the machine you swiped your card in was the machine that got your information, they have your pin number too. In my case, they checked my balance at an atm once and I had hardly anything in my account so they waited until I got paid, checked the balance again at an atm and then wiped me out in several transactions. All of my money is gone. The bank will cover my losses but the transactions must post before they can do that. Not sure how long it will be before that happens. I hope it's soon because I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet and now I have no money to shop with. Great. Looks like I'll be giving gifts in January this Christmas. The funny thing is that I'm not steaming mad, I just want my money back. Oh yeah, I also found a tick on my newest snake that hasn't eaten since I got him. It's been a great day.
    Be good to your family.

Thanks

Re: Someone wiped me out.....

Oh no... I'm sorry hun!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm only making about $80-$100 per week because my job won't give me any hours(during christmas... mm hmm... makes SO MUCH sense). They are docking hours, but still hiring people. Idiots. Right now, I'm just trying to pay my horse's board, and get gas twice a month. That totally cleans me out and I currently have -$3.50 in my account. Major yay. I guess they don't realize that some people would like to buy christmas presents...

Oh well! At least if someone stole my card info, they wouldn't get away with a whole lot, hehe.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

wow i wonder how that's possible?

711 can't be held responsible for any of that?

What banking are you using..if you don't mind me asking? Not that it makes a difference...just curious

Thanks

I saw something on Dateline or 60 Minutes or something about how they do it.

I'll never use an ATM that isn't connected to a bank

Thanks

I didn't use an atm. I purchased two hot dogs and used my debit card to pay for it. Every person that used a card there to make a purchase had their information compromised. Bank of America will cover the loss but it might take a little while. Seems that this happened at several locations in that area so it wasn't the machine that got my info.
    Be good to your family.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

They have 60 business days from the date it shows after the statement prints to return every cent of the money if its found by your bank to be fraud(its part of the Federal Banking EFT and ACH Act of 1977 known in the banking world as Reg E)

Here check this out
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/regulations/default.htm#e

Hope this helps
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

that's what's confusing me....how in the world does a theif use 7-11's machines that are connected to the register?? How could the employees of 7-11 not realize what's going on? maybe there's a connection.

Thanks

that's weird then

I know in the ATMs theives will install a card reader that will steal information once swiped but never heard of it happening from a store register

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are the card readers hooked up to a wireless network or something?

Thanks

I am so sorry, I know how frustrating it can be to have this happen. Although I wasn't in the exact same position.

My ex stole my debit card, I have NO idea how he got my pin number, even to this day. He wiped out my account of all but $20 and by the time I had realized it he had ued the money to buy a lot of drugs. Needless to say that was the end right there. He stole my money, put me and my child in danger. At that point I didn't even care about the money, I just took what i could, my son and never looked back. So I lost about $1000 to a drug addict. The bank wouldn't refund it it because my pin was used at the atm's. This was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast