Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,508

1 members and 3,507 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sub-adult female ball pythons . . .

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Andre back pedal all you want. I'm sorry to even have to do this to you publically. I really dislike calling anyone out but Andre you were not unclear to me, nor confused or whatever. I asked you multiple times about the room these snakes are in (6 feet x 6 feet x 7 feet tall...your exact description to me). I asked you clearly more than once (three times actually) if every snake you owned was currently in this room...the ill ones and the sick ones. You confirmed more than once that all your snakes were there (this was at 7:15 p.m. this very evening). You in fact described to me how you wash your hands between caring for the sick snakes and the healthy ones a matter of a few feet away in the same small room. I cautioned you that this was in no way a proper quarantine situation.

In fact you infer you have one sick snake when you actually have two. You described the other one to me as "had mucus in its moth and making popping sounds". You told me you have no where else to keep snakes.

Again, I'm very sorry to have to do this Andre but I'm concerned that you've got females up for sale that are being exposed daily to two sick snakes in a very confined area and you are continuing to refuse to be honest about this with potential buyers and the members of BPNet.
    The 2 snakes that are up for sale are not even housed in the same room as the sick snakes, and never have. Also how am I refusing to be honest. I ambeing 100% honest hun. Also I didn't say that I was my hands in between snakes I said that Becky told me I should do that.

R.I.P. Rena Ross 1-31-07 11:00 A.M. CST

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Boids
    My whole house is heated to only 70-72 degrees(not enough for the snakes) Only one room that was built in the basement is heated enough for the snakes 80-83.I am not really worrying about rep points and also I can not do anything more about the URI until friday when I get paid. She is on baytril but it doesn't seem to be working for her. Also who is my friend that sells underweight non eating misrepresented snakes?
    You know who it is Andre,but its irrelavent to this thread so thats why i left it out.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

The 2 snakes that are up for sale are not even housed in the same room as the sick snakes, and never have. Also how am I refusing to be honest. I ambeing 100% honest hun. Also I didn't say that I was my hands in between snakes I said that Becky told me I should do that.
    So, you AREN'T washing your hands between snakes? That's even worse! Andre, your posts are very inconsistent here - and you even said you're MOVING healthy animals into the same room with unhealthy ones. Let's not forget that you not only have these two females up, but a male as well. That's three snakes that you KNOW have been exposed to RI's without proper quarantine. Joanna has shared your IM this evening with me and you SAY multiple times that they are housed in the SAME ROOM because you have no other place to keep them. I read it with my own eyes.

I am so livid right now at your lack of concern for other's collections by putting these up for sale while you're treating sick animals with no quarantine or washing hands between handling them that I'm seeing red.

You want to be respected as a reputable business man - you need to start acting like one. You have a reputation here and on Fauna for changing your stories when you are backed into a corner - most of us would call that lying!

Thanks

It would be kind of hard to heat a whole basement with one oil-filled heater and plus, the rats are in the basement and I dont think they would like ti that hot in their cage. If I get some good insulated blankets to hang up in a portion of the basement as walls would that work?
    I guess I should've been more clear, I recommended a oil filled heater to raise the ambient temperature of the room a bit higher than it is currently, and then rely on flexwatt, UTHs or etc... to hear the cages to the proper temperatures from there. I have my reptile room at a temperature of 78 degrees and then use my flexwatt with tstat to raise the cage temps to proper levels.

I hope you get your act together, you really need to step back re-evaluate your current business practices, husbandry and QT procedures.

-Jason
    Last edited by jknudson; 12-13-2006 at 11:21 PM.
    Jason

Thanks

You know what Andre if you feel you've done nothing wrong give me permission to post the AIM conversation in it's entirety. I've never made a habit of keeping these things. I consider it a point of honor that what is said privately stays private but since I have no problem standing behind each word I typed, do you? If you'd rather I just post the entire conversation here then say so and we'll let the members of BPNet decide whether you are lying, being careless or just "confused" as you often are when you realize someone has caught you playing fast and loose with the truth yet again. Perhaps they will decide I'm picking on you and just being mean for some odd reason.

Andre you need to realize this is nothing personal. As I've said I dislike doing this sort of thing but there is a serious question of truth here as well as the health of snakes. That won't allow me to just sit on my hands about what you told me and Becky tonight.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

The snakes are no longer for sale and I doubt someone on here would buy them anyways because I am a minor. Now I wish I would have waited until I was atleast 18 to do any business or try to conduct any.

Thanks

It would be kind of hard to heat a whole basement with one oil-filled heater and plus, the rats are in the basement and I dont think they would like ti that hot in their cage. If I get some good insulated blankets to hang up in a portion of the basement as walls would that work?
    A whole basement???? So the story changes again....direct quote from our conversation earlier this evening in AIM....

Frankykeno: oh so all your snakes are in the one room, heated for them...with the two sick ones on one side and the others on the other side???
    Regal Boids: yup

Regal Boids: its a room my dad and i built in the basement

Regal Boids: 6 by 6

Regal Boids: by about 7 feet or more tall

You aren't heating a whole basement...you are heating something slightly bigger than a good sized closet!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Being a minor has nothing to do with this.

Selling potentially sick snakes that could infect someone else's collection (and quite a few of us here have high $$ collections) is what this was about.
    No respect for customers or their animals is what this is about.
    You never should have listed an animal for sale unless ALL the animals in your collection were 100% healthy.

Thanks

The snakes are no longer for sale and I doubt someone on here would buy them anyways because I am a minor. Now I wish I would have waited until I was atleast 18 to do any business or try to conduct any.
    If they were guaranteed to be healthy, I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems from someone on BPnet dealing with your mother to buy them. Being a minor has nothing to do with this instance...the issues came from QT procedures and now lying trying to cover your own rear.
    Jason

Thanks

I just want to know how the 2 females I had for sale could possibly be sick? Also Joanna I do not give you permission to post it as of yet. I just have a question, how and what did i say to lie? I know I told you that all the snakes where in the same room because I WAS going to put them in the same room. I would say something about quaranting, but I don't want EVERYONE to get their undies in a bundle.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast