Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,111

0 members and 3,111 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sub-adult female ball pythons . . .

Thanx for the -rep point. Even though who ever gave me it should reread what i postes on here and the reread their comment they left on it!

R.I.P. Rena Ross 1-31-07 11:00 A.M. CST

Thanks

Then Andre how is it at 7:15 p.m. this evening (well before the post from you where you retracted your statement to Jenn that they were in quarantine in a seperate room) you told me repeatedly that all your snakes are in a basement room. I asked you more than once if that was all of them, healthy and sick ones and you stated that's the only heated room you have so they are all in there. Not that some are and some aren't...every snake you own...not my words...yours. Not that you are moving sick ones in (which makes no sense to introduce ill snakes into a room with a healthy collection)...that they were all there already. The sick ones are simply "across the room" from the still healthy ones (your words not mine).

When I questioned you and cautioned you about telling a member a flat out lie about how you were housing your collection, you then posted at 7:28 p.m. changing the information. I cautioned you about quarantine and selling snakes without disclosing that they aren't being quarantined from snakes with active RI's. You then have the nerve to question me in my own thread about Brannagh and Orlah coming home and whether I quarantine properly!

Don't play games Andre. It's beneath you and your goal to be a respected breeder some day and I won't play word games with you. Don't say one thing publically and another privately to me and other members here and then expect to get away with risking other people's collections and hope we won't speak up. You said to me.."I think it would be better to make sure all animals are healthy before adding to my collection"

What about being a little concerned about your potential customers and them adding to their collections before you worry about the new spider you want picking up an RI from your own ill snakes. You need to disclose fully and most importantly never lie to anyone asking a direct question about any aspect of your husbandry if you expect people to ever buy snakes from you.

Oh and to be very clear Andre. I didn't leave you that neg rep point. I'd rather deal with this openly as I'm very concerned about this situation.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Sorry Andre, but you were just asking for this if you make posts about your sick snakes and also post snakes for sale.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Then Andre how is it at 7:15 p.m. this evening (well before the post from you where you retracted your statement to Jenn that they were in quarantine in a seperate room) you told me repeatedly that all your snakes are in a basement room. I asked you more than once if that was all of them, healthy and sick ones and you stated that's the only heated room you have so they are all in there. Not that some are and some aren't...every snake you own...not my words...yours. Not that you are moving sick ones in (which makes no sense to introduce ill snakes into a room with a healthy collection)...that they were all there already. The sick ones are simply "across the room" from the still healthy ones (your words not mine).

I told you that because I was planning on moving them into the heated room tonight.

When I questioned you and cautioned you about telling a member a flat out lie about how you were housing your collection, you then posted at 7:28 p.m. changing the information. I cautioned you about quarantine and selling snakes without disclosing that they aren't being quarantined from snakes with active RI's. You then have the nerve to question me in my own thread about Brannagh and Orlah coming home and whether I quarantine properly!

I didn't question you about you quarantining proparly. I just asked if you were going to quarantine them because I did not know if you had to quarantine snakes that you are reciving back or not.

Don't play games Andre. It's beneath you and your goal to be a respected breeder some day and I won't play word games with you. Don't say one thing publically and another privately to me and other members here and then expect to get away with risking other people's collections and hope we won't speak up. You said to me.."I think it would be better to make sure all animals are healthy before adding to my collection"

What about being a little concerned about your potential customers and them adding to their collections before you worry about the new spider you want picking up an RI from your own ill snakes. You need to disclose fully and most importantly never lie to anyone asking a direct question about any aspect of your husbandry if you expect people to ever buy snakes from you.

Oh and to be very clear Andre. I didn't leave you that neg rep point. I'd rather deal with this openly as I'm very concerned about this situation.

When I said that I think it would be better to make sure all of my animals are healthy before adding to my collection I was referring to not selling any snakes at all until I know for sure every last one of my snakes are healthy for sure. Sorry if that was unclear.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Question Re: Sub-adult female ball pythons . . .

Ok i am confused here.Andre why is there only one room thats heated in your home? I also dont think Joanna would say something that was not true and i actually commend here for letting everyone else know about your conversations.Instead of worrying about rep points i think you should get ALL of your snakes in tip top shape before attempting to sell any.I would hate to see you end up like that freind of yours that sells underweight non eating misrepresented snakes.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Andre,

As I'm sure you know about my one BP having a RI who was housed in a different room (a now old none used bedroom on the other side of the house) and also I'm a total clean/heath freak and my other BP still come down with RI's symptoms. It is very contagious. I thought I was doing a good job at being very careful, and in the end now my whole little collection may come down with RI's all because of my one female I bought who had it. I wanted to sell my rat snake, but now she is still with me till I am over 100% completly sure that everyone is not going to come down with a RI and if they do that they are 100% better. It may really happen. In my case I hope it doesn't. In the end do not sell sick or even possibly sick snakes. Don't get into this business on the wrong foot with people. I know you want that morph as we've both talked about over AIM. But first comes first, put those snakes you have NOW at first priority with getting cleared up and back to to good heath. The BP morph world isn't going anywhere. It will still be here in months to come.
    Last edited by lillyorchid; 12-13-2006 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typos
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Boids
    That is the only room in the house thats warm enough. What would you do in my case?
    But an oil-filled heater and put them in a different room. That was easy.

-Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    Ok i am confused here.Andre why is there only one room thats heated in your home? I also dont think Joanna would say something that was not true and i actually commend here for letting everyone else know about your conversations.Instead of worrying about rep points i think you should get ALL of your snakes in tip top shape before attempting to sell any.I would hate to see you end up like that freind of yours that sells underweight non eating misrepresented snakes.

My whole house is heated to only 70-72 degrees(not enough for the snakes) Only one room that was built in the basement is heated enough for the snakes 80-83.I am not really worrying about rep points and also I can not do anything more about the URI until friday when I get paid. She is on baytril but it doesn't seem to be working for her. Also who is my friend that sells underweight non eating misrepresented snakes?

Thanks

Andre back pedal all you want. I'm sorry to even have to do this to you publically. I really dislike calling anyone out but Andre you were not unclear to me, nor confused or whatever. I asked you multiple times about the room these snakes are in (6 feet x 6 feet x 7 feet tall...your exact description to me). I asked you clearly more than once (three times actually) if every snake you owned was currently in this room...the ill ones and the sick ones. You confirmed more than once that all your snakes were there (this was at 7:15 p.m. this very evening). You in fact described to me how you wash your hands between caring for the sick snakes and the healthy ones a matter of a few feet away in the same small room. I cautioned you that this was in no way a proper quarantine situation.

In fact you infer you have one sick snake when you actually have two. You described the other one to me as "had mucus in its moth and making popping sounds". You told me you have no where else to keep snakes.

Again, I'm very sorry to have to do this Andre but I'm concerned that you've got females up for sale that are being exposed daily to two sick snakes in a very confined area and you are continuing to refuse to be honest about this with potential buyers and the members of BPNet.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBallPython
    But an oil-filled heater and put them in a different room. That was easy.

-Jason

It would be kind of hard to heat a whole basement with one oil-filled heater and plus, the rats are in the basement and I dont think they would like ti that hot in their cage. If I get some good insulated blankets to hang up in a portion of the basement as walls would that work?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast