Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

1 members and 3,356 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: A Little update

Thanks

A Little update

Well it's been a while since I last posted any news. Both of my babies are growing so fast, Morrighan is on sm rats and Maleagant will be making the switch soon, also they both just shed a few days ago.

I do have on question "does anyone out there have any experience with bettas?" if so I have a few questions I'd like to ask
    "It was 4 in the mornin 22 degrees outside of course you weren't there wussy"

Thanks

Re: A Little update

Betas like the fish? I have a Beta, but my experience is only about 3 month's worth. I'll help if I can, though

--Kim

Thanks

I have a lot of experience with the awesome asian fighting fish! What do you need to know?
    -Akiva

1.0 Norm BP - Fluffy
    0.1 Wife - Nina
    1.1 Children - Sam, Aura

Thanks

One of my new fish kinda stays close to the surface he swims some but not like the other two and i've yet to see him eat, the other two gobble up food as soon as it drops i got teh same food teh store fed him but it all seems to eventualy float to the bottom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsgirl128
    One of my new fish kinda stays close to the surface he swims some but not like the other two and i've yet to see him eat, the other two gobble up food as soon as it drops i got teh same food teh store fed him but it all seems to eventualy float to the bottom
    Huh...I'm sure other people would know more about it than me. I only have one--and she's a female beta. She's very agressive about eating--swims expectantly to the surface any time I walk in the room, and if I shake her food above her bowl for a minute before feeding, she'll do a "trick" and jump out of the water--and then I feed her It's cute.

I don't know what (if anything) could be wrong with yours--but like I said, I'm sure other people here have more experience. Hope your little guy's okay!

--Kim

Thanks

Ok, do you have them is separate containers/ bowls etc?

How often do you change their water?

do you have any stones or ornaments in the bowls with them?

Try the following.

Get some marbles for the bottom of their bowls.

Change their water every other day. Use tap water that has been allowed to sit for 24 hours. I bought a 1 gallon container of distilled water to start, and then refilled it from the tap.

Put the bowls close to each other so that they can see each other, watch their behavior. If they prance around showing displays of MALENESS, you're ok. If not then you got a problem.

The types of problems are fairly numerous, but since Bettas are fairly inexpensive it doesn't pay to take it to a vet. Look for signs of disease on the skin. There are several water treatments that can cure all sorts. If he seems to float a lot it could be an air sack/bladder problem. Reduce the amount of water in his bowl so that he can get to his food.

Bettas are raised in mud puddles that are rarely deeper than two inches -- so don't worry that he doesn't have enough water.
    -Akiva

1.0 Norm BP - Fluffy
    0.1 Wife - Nina
    1.1 Children - Sam, Aura

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

They also like the water to be warm. Clean warm water, and you might let him fast a day or so. Not eating is a severe sign if it continues. You can use any of several meds and additives, but the best is clean water, maybe some live plant. Try giving him some live brine shrimp if he doesn't want to eat still. Bettas also like a little bit of salt in their water.
    Wolfy

Thanks

Thanks you guys for all the info, As far as eating goes I'm not saying he hasnt eaten I've just never seen him, and out of all three he shows the least aggression someone at a lps whom I trust said sometimes they just have weird behaviors but to watch him closely