Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,378

2 members and 3,376 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Anyone wanna share recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    typical male
    as the eupers say..."ya darn tootn eh?"

Thanks

I'm soooo not a cook. Although I like anything easy, so I'll share this one.

Place chicken breasts in a pan. Cover with sliced swiss cheese, and then top that with cream of chicken soup. Sprinkle your favorite stuffing mix on top. Cover and cook at 350 until chicken is done. Yummy and easy!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Here's a salad I like a lot:

Fennel bulb, large - 1 thinly sliced
    Belgian endive - 2 - cut on the bias, 1/2" slices
    Watercress - 1 cup
    Granny Smith apple, large - 1 thinly sliced
    Asiago cheese - 1/4 to 1/3 cup (depending on taste), shaved
    Toasted pine nuts - 1/2 (or more if you like)
    Aged Balsamic vinegar (real, not the crap supermarket $3.99-a-bottle wannabe's)- to taste (as dressing) (mix w/ EV olive oil if desired)
    Salt/coarse ground pepper - to taste

Toss the above ingredients together in a large bowl until well coated with vinegar. Divide among plates & serve!

Serves 2 as an entree, 4 as an appetizer. Grilled chicken goes well on this for an entree addition...

Enjoy!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Stick pizza in oven, wait 20 minutes and eat. Simple enough.

Thanks

Salt crust rub for prime rib roast.

Depending on the size of your roast.
    Imade 5 whole prime ribs for a party i thru.
    I used 1/2 to 3/4 of a box of koshar salt.(1pound box)
    1 whole jar (1/24oz) of whole pepper corns,freshly ground
    1oz of fresh thyme ( mince very very fine)
    1oz of fresh rosemary(mince very very fine)

You could also use parsely, cilanto. of what ever you like

Mix all items into a mixing bowl and pour in extrs virgin olive oil until you make a paste. a wet sandy mix.

let set in the frig for a few hours.
    take your prime rib roast and scoar the fatty side with a knife in a criss cross pattern. take salt mixture and rub all over to coat all the meat. cook in oven or on a spit.....
    Joe

Thanks

heres a recipe for a mexican dinner pie .

the ingredients .
    12 ounces ground beef or turkey
    8 ounces refried beans
    6 ounces chedder jack cheese
    6 ounces sour cream
    4 ounces each of chopped onions , bell peppers , black olives , and tomatoes
    1 nine inch pie crust

brown off the ground beef or turkey put in pie crust and level it out . spread refried beans over ground meat (ad a little water to beans to thin if needed) cover with shredded cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust and cheese are browning . remove from oven and cool in fridge for 20 minutes . add sour cream and spread evenly over cheese . top with assorted veggies . slice into quarters and nuke for one and a half to two minutes (depending on your microwave ). the sour cream will ooze down all around the pie . serve with salsa . you could add some taco seasoning to the meat if you like a little more zip . you can also switch out veggies for what ever you prefer .
    Mark

reborn herper
    0.4 ball pythons
    1.1 pastel ball pythons
    1.0 het orange hypo ball pythons
    0.1 bci
    0.0.4 paulsoni
    0.1 coastal rosy boa
    1.1 mexican rosy boas
    1.0.1 kenyen sand boas
    0.0.4 house geckos

Thanks

If you know anyone with an intolerance to gluten or has celiac disease this is a great cookie recipe for them (especially for kids). They are also just plain old yummy for anyone but you MUST have many large glasses of cold milk nearby!

GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy your choice)
    1 cup white sugar
    1 egg (beaten)

Dump everything in a big bowl and mix very well. Put the bowl in the fridge for at least an hour so you can handle the cookie dough easier. Form into balls and put on a greased cookie sheet, press down gently with a fork to form a nice crosshatch pattern. Dust lightly with a little extra white sugar. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes. Let cookies completely cool before removing from the cookie sheet as they will break when warm.

This recipe will only make a dozen smaller cookies so I usually at least quadruple it as we like big cookies and the darn family eats them as fast as I can get them on to a plate LOL.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Got another one for ya!!!

I hate sweet potaotes but i made them for turkey day and loved them

5or6 big sweet pot.
    4 bannas
    honey
    brown sugar
    flour
    pecans

Roast the sweet pot. at 375 until mushy, put the bannas (in the peel) on the same sheet for the last 10 to 15 minutes of potatoe roasting. the banna peels will be black.
    Pull the peel of the potatoes and bannas and mash together squeese a good glob of honey ( to taste) in the mash. then put in a 2x4x4 pyrex dish and smoth out, then in a seperate bowl put half a bag of brown and a cup of flour and crush a cup of pecans, mix together and put on top of sweet potatoes and put back in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crumble gets hard...
    Joe

Thanks

Oh those sweet potatoes sound good! Lots of these recipes do! I know where I'll come when I'm looking for something nice to make and have run out of my usual stock ideas.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Today I've been making Christmas pudding.
    This is probably the best recipe for a traditional English Christmas pudding. It takes a long time to steam but actual prepartion time is fairly quick. I use vegetable suet to make it vegeterian. Barley wine is hard enough to get hold of here - it is sickly sweet and very alcoholic ale - any strong sweet beer will do or you can just increase the amount of stout (guinness works great!). I think it works fine if you adjust the quantities of dried fruit for what you can get hold of too. As a student I used to make this in industrial quantitites for cheap christmas gifts.

Ingredients

4 oz (110 g) shredded suet
    2 oz (50 g) self-raising flour, sifted
    4 oz (110 g) white breadcrumbs
    1 level teaspoon ground mixed spice
    ¼ level teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    good pinch ground cinnamon
    8 oz (225 g) soft dark brown sugar
    4 oz (110 g) sultanas
    4 oz (110 g) raisins
    10 oz (275 g) currants
    1 oz (25 g) mixed candied peel, finely chopped (buy whole peel if possible, then chop it yourself)
    1 oz (25 g) almonds, skinned and chopped
    1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
    grated zest ½ large orange
    grated zest ½ large lemon
    2 tablespoons rum
    2½ fl oz (75 ml) barley wine
    2½ fl oz (75 ml) stout
    2 large eggs

You will also need a 2 pint (1.2 litre) pudding basin, lightly greased.

Begin the day before you want to steam the pudding. Take your largest, roomiest mixing bowl and start by putting in the suet, sifted flour and breadcrumbs, spices and sugar. Mix these ingredients very thoroughly together, then gradually mix in all the dried fruit, mixed peel and nuts followed by the apple and the grated orange and lemon zests. Don't forget to tick everything off so as not to leave anything out. Now in a smaller basin measure out the rum, barley wine and stout, then add the eggs and beat these thoroughly together. Next pour this over all the other ingredients, and begin to mix very thoroughly. It's now traditional to gather all the family round, especially the children, and invite everyone to have a really good stir and make a wish! The mixture should have a fairly sloppy consistency – that is, it should fall instantly from the spoon when this is tapped on the side of the bowl. If you think it needs a bit more liquid add a spot more stout. Cover the bowl and leave overnight.

Next day pack the mixture into the lightly greased basin, cover it with a double sheet of silicone paper (baking parchment) and a sheet of foil and tie it securely with string (you really need to borrow someone's finger for this!). It's also a good idea to tie a piece of string across the top to make a handle. Place the pudding in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water and steam the pudding for 8 hours. Do make sure you keep a regular eye on the water underneath and top it up with boiling water from the kettle from time to time. When the pudding is steamed let it get quite cold, then remove the steam papers and foil and replace them with some fresh ones, again making a string handle for easier manoeuvring. Now your Christmas pudding is all ready for Christmas Day. Keep it in a cool place away from the light. Under the bed in an unheated bedroom is an ideal place.

To cook, fill a saucepan quite full with boiling water, put it on the heat and, when it comes back to the boil, place a steamer on top of the pan and turn it down to a gentle simmer. Put the Christmas pudding in the steamer, cover and leave to steam away for 2¼ hours. You'll need to check the water from time to time and maybe top it up a bit.

To serve, remove the pudding from the steamer and take off the wrapping. Slide a palette knife all round the pudding, then turn it out on to a warmed plate. Place a suitably sized sprig of holly on top. Now warm a ladleful of brandy over direct heat, and as soon as the brandy is hot ask someone to set light to it. Place the ladle, now gently flaming, on top of the pudding – but don't pour it over until you reach the table. When you do, pour it slowly over the pudding, sides and all, and watch it flame to the cheers of the assembled company! When both flames and cheers have died down, serve the pudding with rum sauce, or rum or brandy butter.

If you want to make individual Christmas puddings for gifts, this quantity makes eight 6 oz (175 g) small metal pudding basins. Steam them for 3 hours, then re-steam for 1 hour. They look pretty wrapped in silicone paper and muslin and tied with attractive bows and tags.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...g,1234,RC.html
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Monty)
    Various fish
    0.1 Wife

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast