Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,485

1 members and 3,484 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: New kid

Thanks

New kid

On my way to work. But we picked up a box turtle today in need of lots of loving care. Must get her checked out. Lil' eyes are swollen shut. Will post pics and updates after work. Will also have to have her checked for parasites. So cute though. Does have an appetite.

Thanks

Re: New kid

Cute! Did you pick it up at a pet store or found it someplace? Swollen eyes could be a sign of RI. Just so you know... do keep us updated!
    Layna

Thanks

Suspecting RI but doesn't have other symptons. check up will tell. Update by tomorrow. With pic. Feedstore pick up, probably wild caught.

Thanks

When we bought our daughter a box turtle it had very swollen nasty looking eyes. Of course we were told this is normal and they also sold us eye drops.
    Now just in this case alone(we let it go for about a month when I learnt it wasnt normal) we called a vet who told us to bump her hum. keep her very warm and bath her daily. After about a week with that regimine she was fine and we havent needed the drops since. I wouldnt know if its an RI or not but maybe this will help a little.
    Sin~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsation
    When we bought our daughter a box turtle it had very swollen nasty looking eyes. Of course we were told this is normal and they also sold us eye drops.
    Now just in this case alone(we let it go for about a month when I learnt it wasnt normal) we called a vet who told us to bump her hum. keep her very warm and bath her daily. After about a week with that regimine she was fine and we havent needed the drops since. I wouldnt know if its an RI or not but maybe this will help a little.
    This sounds like the case to me. I've dealt with this before on several occasions. People throw them in a box with no regards for humidity or diet, than don't understand why they don't thrive. In the 2 hrs. before work she seemed better.We'll make sure all is well. I don't forsee any lasting problems.
    We hadn't intended on adding a new kid but we have enough time to care for her properly.

Thanks

Update on "Daisy" , We bumped up humidity, a couple good soaks and she's doing great. All she had to get were eye drops and tender loving care. My computer at home on the blink will get pics of Daisy up this weekend. Clean bill of health and raring to go!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awwww...so glad to hear she's doing so much better! Can't wait to see pics!
    -- Judy