Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,395

0 members and 2,395 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: PS3 Craze

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PS3 Craze

Quote Originally Posted by WTFbbqSnake
    ROFLMAOWTFBBQGGTHXNORESQUELCHEDBYE

Good Game Thanks No Re ( Re = Rematch ) Squelched Bye...
    ah, i feel younger already... either that or 10 brain cells just died LOL
    Last edited by recycling goddess; 11-18-2006 at 11:44 PM. Reason: adding in wording for acronym
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

I guess it all boils down to ethics and morals or how we were each raised.

Some people do things for other people for selfish reasons. I've always been taught that a kid that is given everything values nothing.
    I have to disagree on this. Being a parent isn't about a holiday and gift giving, or buying your kid something at WalMart if that's what you want to do and what you can afford to do. As a parent you build those life lessons around a lot of things more important than a gaming system and you do it day to day, not just at Xmas or a birthday. It isn't about giving your kid everything so they value nothing, it's about making sure they value what they do have and understand that some have so much less in this world. If they get that message through daily life lessons from mom or dad, it doesn't matter what material things they have or don't have....they will become decent citizens in the end. You don't make them immoral or unethical from too many material possessions, you make them that way if you don't model unselfish, ethical behaviour for them as part of daily life.

As far as the smile Adam mentioned. As a parent I can tell you that smile is precious beyond anything in this world. It may come from a very expensive gift or just a hot wheel the little guy is aching to add to his collection or a trip to the zoo or a walk in the forest. It's not about what they got or what it cost, it's that for that one special moment you are their hero and for a parent those times are fleeting as they grow. It can come from things that are not even gift related and it's not like you can "buy" those moments either. I cannot speak for Adam but I've spoken to him about our kids (we have sons the same age). I know that man just shines with his love for his little son. If as a parent he can give his precious child a moment of pure joy and excitement through whatever means, then I think that's just wonderful!

In the end, this is not about the price tag on the Xmas present...this is about the feeling of Xmas morning and that is worth more than anything.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

joanne,
    Very well said! And so very true. My son is 16 and all that you said rings thru and thru. It all boils down to how you raise your child and what gifts you give them non-material that makes them the person they are, not how much or little you give them material wise.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112