Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,899

1 members and 2,898 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Have a couple questions

Ok well first off i am new to this board and just got back into having snakes as pets. I previously had a 10' columbian red tailed boa and a regular ball python but that was over 10 years ago. anyway i just bought a Possible Het piebald male that is just over 2 months old, he just arrived on friday, and have a couple questions. First i think i remember reading somewhere awhile ago that het. piebalds have different belly patterns than regular bp's, is this true and if so what is the difference. or is the only way to tell for sure by breeding him?? Second question is, he seems to be pretty nervous/jumpy i assume this is from being stressed from shipping? he has struck at me once when i was cleaning his cage. Sorry if these are commonly asked questions i probably should have searched first, but thanks in advance.

Junior

Thanks

Re: Have a couple questions

I've heard the pied marker isnt the best way to tell if it's a het. pied....also heard that there is no such thing...I know mine looks like all the normals we have...guess we'll find out for sure when we breed him.
    Our het. pied is really nervous and jumpy too...and yes he strikes and hisses at every chance he gets, he's our smallest yet meanest snake lol.
    He's young though, I'm sure after alot of handling and care he will come down, just as yours will I hope.

Welcome to the site and I hope to see some pictures of your new guy very soon.

~Audrey
    I rack my husbands balls & show my rack on Ball-Pythons.net
    ~I make girls with balls look good~

Qiksilver "
    yes, watch your children, I'll convert them to satanism..."