Well, I went to the Atlanta show today and had a nice time because I was able to meet a nice young lady from my area who I had met on another forum who is just starting out breeding (her small collection is 1.1 pastel, 0.1 spider and 0.1 normal). She's such a nice lady - moved here from France and met her husband and now makes Atlanta home. She was hoping that she might be able to find a couple of nice normal girls that her husband could buy her for her birthday.

He was sort of like Karl, not much interest in reptiles himself, but supportive of his partner's passion. He spent a LOT of the time at the cricket/mealworm table. Apparently he's an avid fisherman, so the "bait" interested him the most! LOL

In any case, very small show, only three ball python vendors, and one guy who was selling every manner of reptiles and had some ball pythons priced $25 and $35. I had asked him if the females were $35 and he said "I don't know what sex they are, I just sell the nicer looking ones for more". The young lady I met and I looked at each other, started laughing and walked off - no thank you!

So, one vendor had some REALLY nice snakes on display. I started talking to my new friend about YB's and how I would like to have one. She was saying she wasn't so sure for herself, and I made the comment about how nice they make other morphs. So he asks me if I'd like to see a pastel YB? Of course I said yes and we started to chat some more. I was admiring his platinum and his butter. He mentioned to me that he just purchased one of the Super Stripes. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, right! but didn't question him. We contined to chat, and because he didn't have a banner of any type, I asked for a business card. He didn't have any but we then set to introducing ourselves - it was Amir Soleymani! LOL He gave me a blank invoice with his contact information on it.

What a nice guy! Very laid back - I thanked him for vending at our little show, that we need more vendors like himself to start attracting more quality shows in Georgia. Kara - he spoke very highly of you, and Adam, I was wearing my 8ballpython shirt and he had nothing but nice things to say about you as well!

So, although it was a tiny show, I was very glad to have been able to meet such a nice guy in the business!