Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,333

1 members and 3,332 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Check out my 6 new additions!!! (Soo far)

I can ALMOOOOST smell the puppy breath!!! Best smell in the WORLD!!![/QUOTE]

I agree!!!! Mine aren't smelling too much yet! I can just barely smelll it...Trust me...I've been sniff'n..haha!

Thanks

No no, I didn't mean declawing(that's not really feasible with a dog anyway). I just meant removing the dewclaws so they didn't cause problems in the dogs later in life(getting snagged on stuff and getting ripped out, owners forgetting to clip those nails and the nail grows into the dog's leg, etc). The majority of dog breeders do take the puppies to the vet around day 2-3 and get all of this done and to also get them checked over for cleft palates, etc.

About the spaying, if you don't plan on breeding her again, and she goes into heat, she could end up with an infection in her uterus called pyometra. The only way to get rid of it is to spay her anyway. Not to mention all of the other problems that can come about from not spaying a dog. I once helped in a case involving a 12 year old intact female Cocker Spaniel who had massive mammary tumors running the length of her belly(softball size), she also had ovarian cysts that were quite large and ready to rupture when we went to spay her.

I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to make you aware of the things that can happen with keeping dogs intact. They are nice puppies and I hope you find good homes for them.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    here are a couple up close pics of the pups....

This one is my fav!!!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

the father is a cutie, he has this big goofy look on his face, i find this common in pit bulls

i hope there's updated pics in the future

i'm going to get a pit bull in the future, they're gorgeous animals
    -Maple

1.1 ball python
    0.1 shepard mix
    1.0 rabbit
    1.0 hamster
    0.0.3 horned frog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    No no, I didn't mean declawing(that's not really feasible with a dog anyway). I just meant removing the dewclaws so they didn't cause problems in the dogs later in life(getting snagged on stuff and getting ripped out, owners forgetting to clip those nails and the nail grows into the dog's leg, etc). The majority of dog breeders do take the puppies to the vet around day 2-3 and get all of this done and to also get them checked over for cleft palates, etc.

About the spaying, if you don't plan on breeding her again, and she goes into heat, she could end up with an infection in her uterus called pyometra. The only way to get rid of it is to spay her anyway. Not to mention all of the other problems that can come about from not spaying a dog. I once helped in a case involving a 12 year old intact female Cocker Spaniel who had massive mammary tumors running the length of her belly(softball size), she also had ovarian cysts that were quite large and ready to rupture when we went to spay her.

I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to make you aware of the things that can happen with keeping dogs intact. They are nice puppies and I hope you find good homes for them.
    you are my new favorite person

I wish there was somone like you that could inform EVERY back yard breeder that comes along

I love pits but there are plenty in shelters needing homes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joyful girl
    you are my new favorite person

I wish there was somone like you that could inform EVERY back yard breeder that comes along

I love pits but there are plenty in shelters needing homes

Ok..Ok..I expected to hear a lil heat about adopting shelter dogs. But I bred my female b.c I (along with my family members) wanted HER offspring. WE choose the best male to produce what qualities WE want in a dog.

Excuse me if I didn't take the time to correctly read the post about declawing..I would NEVER declaw a dog...and didn't even think it was even done. However I didn't want to disrespect the person that had posted it by saying so!! I understand now he was not talking about declawing...I should have took more time to read it..

But saying I am a "backyard breeder" implies that I have produced a "less then worthy" (for lack of better words at this moment)dog. I take much offense to this!!! Both these dogs have PURPLE RIBBON PAPERS!! I am not breeding 2 crazy @ss dogs to produce more crazy @ss babies to run around and help add to the reputation that Pit Bulls have come to receive.

Thanks

this has nothing to do with removing dew claws...

so every one of those pups you or your family is keeping?
    you don't intend to sell any of them?

Thanks

Why would that matter?? Would that qualify me as a "backyard" breeder? Or would it be the same as someone who has a love for ball pythons and wants to start breeding?

Thanks

I asked because you said

"But I bred my female b.c I (along with my family members) wanted HER offspring. "

if you were breeding your dog in hopes of selling puppies for profit then you would be a back yard breeder (real breeders do not make profit after all the health testing, ect they pay for in hopes of bettering a breed)

there is a difference between breeding dogs and breeding snakes
    you don't see thousands of snakes being euthanized on a daily basis because there aren't homes for them (pit bulls especially)

obviously you've already done it but I hope you get your dog fixed now that you've got some of 'her offspring'

Thanks

Are you serious? I mean really serious! You think "real breeders" don't make a profilt?

lol......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast