Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,051

1 members and 2,050 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,561
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why?

Thanks

why?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....html?eref=aol

Ive always loved south park but this has really pissed me off and has spoilt it for me now. i dont feel like enjoying as much anymore
    what do everyone else think about this?
    [b]Steve Irwin Febuary 22nd 1962 - September 4th 2006 [font=Century Gothic]R.I.P

Thanks

Re: why?

I really think they are gonna get some major s*** for this one. I can't say I've never been one to go this far, but I'm sorta curious what the episode revolves around. Still, to make fun of someone like Steve who did a lot of good then most who claim to be doing good themselves, is a touchy situation. Coming from me, someone who takes the worst situtations that one can think of, and trying to make people laugh is sort of a way to say hey, even death can be humorous in its own way. Come on? Haven't well all done some sort of impression of Steve for our friends? Such as "Crickey! I'm being eaten by a croc AND mating worth it! Isn't this a gorgeous sight huh mate?!" I've done the impressions, and I'm no better making fun of Steves death in that way, then the South Park creators, Trey and Matt. Obviously, from my past experiences, I've really pissed some people off. And have been physically threatened over comments I've said. But hey, you take the good with the bad.

I think Steve is, and will always be remembered as an amazing person who has done more in this life then others. He taught the world how to respect and learn about animals. He also showed us that most people who are looked upon like he was like an immortal that no matter what, it's ok to cry and show emotions and being a caring human being.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yeah, that is messed up but you have to remember *playing devils advocate* what pisses you off might make someone else (maybe the people that didnt like Steve) laugh. i know one of the reasons i like Southpark is because it makes fun of things, espescially politics and celebrities, but i think this Steve Irwin thing is going overboard and is not cool.
    -marshall

Thanks

Without seeing the episode.....I have no basis to form an opinion.

The problem with all the controversy with the show is that some people see a little clip and do not understand the underlying issues that it is mocking. I definately would like to see the episode before condeming it
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    Without seeing the episode.....I have no basis to form an opinion.

The problem with all the controversy with the show is that some people see a little clip and do not understand the underlying issues that it is mocking. I definately would like to see the episode before condeming it
    you gotta point there ,
    i just think this subject is way to sensitive to be made a mockery of (which i hope they are NOT doing ) but like you said without seeing the episode i shouldnt be condeming it , its just when i saw that pic on the link i posted , it got to me and i felt i had to mention it
    [b]Steve Irwin Febuary 22nd 1962 - September 4th 2006 [font=Century Gothic]R.I.P

Thanks

South Park makes fun of everything, pretty much every episode. The circumstances of his death are pretty rare and completely unexpected, so it's not terribly unusual that south park would tease about it.

I don't like the show anymore, and I used to watch it but stopped awhile ago. This isn't that unusual from what I know of south park. Plus they aren't the first on this bandwagon by any means:

This is hard for some of us because Steve Irwin was important to a lot of people here- but what if this was a broadway board? How would they feel about them nailing Barbara Streisand, or anything similar?
    Most people will just find the episode funny and "edgy". It doesn't terribly bother me, because his death getting coverage in so many places means that his life mattered and people know who he was.
    1.0 Ball Python, Orey
    I almost always have new snake photos - check here!

Thanks

South Park doesn't spare anyone. It's not suprising.

Thanks

I just think its too soon to be even thinking of taking the piss out of this ,
    even if it was about somebody else who has died id still think it was wrong , personally i think comedy central shouldnt air this episode yet, steve irwins family are still greiving and this shows no respect what so ever.
    They cant compare the subject matter in this episode as just in bad taste as they have about george clooneys speech or tom cruse scientology (sp) beliefs theres no comparison at all

Thanks

I saw the episode, i didn't find it offensive. Sure it was in poor taste, but um...hello, it's South Park. If you never want to be offended, man, stay away from the TV.

Thanks

Pretty much, Sarah. South Park left taste behind LONG ago.
    Most people are "over" his death, so this episode to them is an "oh yeah haha he died in a weird way!" type of thing.
    1.0 Ball Python, Orey
    I almost always have new snake photos - check here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast