Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

1 members and 3,282 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
    Thanks

snake lost critical issue!

hey everyone i lost my BP but i saw him last night.... theres a twist....my sis and my dad HATE my snake and never wanted me to get one in the first place.....they want to kill it if they dont find it tonight

my dad asks if theres a snakefinder in LOS ANGELES or nearby that can come....i needa find this thing and im turning my house upside down...i check in snug dark warm places...nothing to be found please help!
    party like a rockstar!

bp.net=a family....we give, we get, we love, we are ball'in!

Thanks

Re: snake lost critical issue!

My advice, start at the snakes cage and start working your way out in a circle. If they are trying to kill then stay off the scomputer til you find it.

Thanks

try looking in warm areas, most likely your snake will be trying to stay warm
    -Maple

1.1 ball python
    0.1 shepard mix
    1.0 rabbit
    1.0 hamster
    0.0.3 horned frog

Thanks

I lost a corn snake once. The people I bought it from said to try making one room in the house warm and leave the others cold, the snake should gravitate towards the warm room. And in the room put down a place for the snake to hide and keep the one spot the warmest. They said it usually works, and to check it once a day.

Thanks

Also try putting a mouse in a critter carrier in the middle of the room. Place a UTH on the ground and watch it throughout the night. Line the sides of the room with baby powder. If he slithers, you will see it being tracked throughout the room hopefully. Make sure you check in all sofas. If there is a bed nearby, check all the ledges of the frame. Check behind computers or lamps. Check TV's. Anywhere that emits electricity and can warm up.
    lots of snakes

Thanks

I am not sure this is the best solution...or even a good way of doing it....but I put low tac painters tap along the baseboard. It was a cornsnake....not a BP. But the corn got caught up in the low tac tape. Got her the next morning. The tape was low tac, thus didnt cause any damage to the snake. Anyway...i think it is worth a shot if folks are out to kill your snake....
    Good Luck.

Thanks

It's not reasonable behaviour to threaten to kill someone's pet however scared you are of it. Why don't you threaten to get the police/animal welfare involved.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Monty)
    Various fish
    0.1 Wife

Thanks

I lost a hatchling corn snake about a month and a half ago and still haven't found her. One person told me he/she lost a snake for two years and eventually found it in the basement! I tried every trick you can possibly think of to no avail. I really really hope you find your snake because I know how bad it sux to lose one. Anyway, here's what I tried:

*I put plastic wal-mart bags behind the couches and other hard-to-easily-reach areas so if she was slithering back there, she'd make the bags rustle.
    *I put flour in all the doorways
    *I blacked out a 16oz coke bottle with a black sharpie, put it on a heating pad set on low, and put a water bowl nearby
    *I ended up also putting a pinkie in the coke bottle overnight
    *I looked under the fridge, under the TV, under the Xbox360, near the PC, etc.
    *I also put flour around my little "coke bottle" setup

Even though none of this worked for me, maybe it will work for you. Like I said, I hope you find him and I hope your family comes to their senses. No point in killing something just because you're afraid of it.
    Last edited by Collins2602; 10-26-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Thanks

thanks everyone

this morning i found him and was so pleased! he was hiding in a small hole in a desk right where his aquarium was....
    party like a rockstar!

bp.net=a family....we give, we get, we love, we are ball'in!

Thanks

Glad you found him!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"