Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,234

1 members and 3,233 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: Morph King Reptiles . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Boids
    I do not think that is fair as he is ready to breed this year. I just want the $375 difference. Plus I can't ship yet.

-Andre
    I would think that's plenty fair. You failed to fully research what you were buying, in addition to being warned prior to purchase that it may be a sketchy deal. Personally, I think you should suck it up and consider it a lesson learned...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

So did you post here before talking to MKR and asking for a refund? That seems like jujmping the gun a bit.

I remember back when the discussion of this was going on, and it was really not very convincing. Also, what double morph in existance, let alone a triple (homo for and het for) sells for $500?

That would be like getting an albino het for pied for $500..

Anyway, seems like there were definitely some miscommunications, and I bet for the $500 you get back, you can turn around and buy a similar sized het albino for $200-300 ?

If not, maybe you should keep it, and it wasn't a bad deal after all?

Sounds like another mess tossed onto the pile, plus the new "information" about MKR buying mojaves from other sources in order to fill orders sounds funkay! How many mojaves did they actually sell at that low price? Ive been out of the loop
    bryan

Thanks

I have to say that working it out with them should have been the first step. Bringing it here should have been done only when all other options have been exhausted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeySnakeSnake
    So did you post here before talking to MKR and asking for a refund? That seems like jujmping the gun a bit.

I remember back when the discussion of this was going on, and it was really not very convincing. Also, what double morph in existance, let alone a triple (homo for and het for) sells for $500?

That would be like getting an albino het for pied for $500..
    You have to keep in mind exactly what morphs it is het for. A double het snow male is probably around $1k (that's just a guess; haven't noticed any for sale), but you can bet that a double het for lavender albino pied is going to cost a ton more than that.

We're talking about an animal that has a good amount of blushing, not some crazy new morph. I doubt that it would command much more of a price than a normal would on its own (hence it being really cheap as a cross aswell).

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeySnakeSnake
    Sounds like another mess tossed onto the pile, plus the new "information" about MKR buying mojaves from other sources in order to fill orders sounds funkay! How many mojaves did they actually sell at that low price? Ive been out of the loop
    I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were doing this. I know for a fact that they sell a lot of their animals before they even hatch them out. They probably took all of those orders for $800 mojaves, didn't hatch enough, and decided to buy a bunch more at wholesale so they wouldn't have to issue any refunds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    I have to say that working it out with them should have been the first step. Bringing it here should have been done only when all other options have been exhausted.

AMEN!!!!!
    Could have not said it any better.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Boids
    Well earlier this year I made a deal with MKR. I was going to get a male homozygous yellow blush that was also het for albino. I paid him $500 over a course of a few months. He then shipped him out on 5-23-06. He arrived the next day fine and healthy. So 5 months roll on by and then I find out I have benn ripped off. I paid $500 for a het albino male that should only cost $125 . I thought I had a homozygous yellow blush het albino because when I saw him he looked just like what joe said they look like. Wes and Joe lied to me because they told me that Wes him self proved out the yellow blush when he did not because it is not a genetic morph. They sold him to me as a genetic morph. Here I was all along thinking that they where still producing them. If it was a genetic morph then why wouldn't it be in VPI's new book, since VPI and MKR are buddies. The reason is because its not a morph. I was originally going to get a female "double het" also but I did not have enough money. Wes told me he knew someone else that wanted her and so I guess he sold her to him. I wish I could find out who that is so they know. I will be calling Wes today after school to get joes number since joes number lised on their website is out-of-service. Joe has also been buying ball pythons from other breeders in order to fill his orders. That I think is very wrong. He tells his customers he has them when he really doesnt and then has to go and buy them from someone else in order to fill their order. I highly doubt I will get back the $375 difference. I will be calling him as soon as I can get ahold of him. I do not think i will get anything back because joe will most likely just sit their and say im lying and my sources of the information are full of it and so on. I am glad I did not get all of those other animals I was going to get from them. I will never ever ever do business with that SOB again. It burns me up inside knowing that my mom and I lost $375 to someone like that. What should I do in order to get some money back? Thank you

-Andre
    Id hate to say i told you so..but I told you so.

Im pretty sure MKR and VPI arnt buddies....VPi are ntohing like MKR.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil
    Obviously I'm just joking, but the fact is there is no way your "breeder friends" could possibly know whether or not the said trait is not reproducable unless they were told so by someone from MKR or someone who has bought into the project and proven so. Just because there is no yellow blush trait as far as they know does not mean there is no one out there with it. That is the only problem I have with this thread; it is nothing but specualtion being spit out as fact (for the most part, atleast).
    Indeed, because this industry is chalk full of examples of a genetic trait managing to find its way into 1 breeders hands, and remain there for 6 years. All "new morphs" should be viewed as nothing more than a non-genetic mutation until proven otherwise. Not the other way around.

The whole claim behind this is that the first albino yellow blush (the first double recessive) was produced from a wild caught albino male. That would mean that this wild caught albino male had to be het for yellow blush. Meaning, both parents had to have the Albino gene, and one parent had to have the Yellow Blush gene.

Now, anyone here aware of a wild-caught Albino het Piebald? How about an Albino het Clown? I'm not. But by some miracle of odds, Joe of MKR, previously a car salesman, manages to locate the only known wild-caught ball python that was homozygous for one recessive trait, and heterozygous for a second recessive trait. And in some stroke of luck, managed to produce visible Double Recessives, in his first generation (all without having any Yellow Blush hets to breed the Albino het Yellow Blush too!).

Now, off the top of my head, I don't know the odds of getting struck by lightning twice, while simultaneously winning the Power Ball and getting into a fatal car accident are, but I'd say they are about as likely as the above.
    Justin Hall

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13
    Id hate to say i told you so..but I told you so.

Im pretty sure MKR and VPI arnt buddies....VPi are ntohing like MKR.
    vpi and mkr work verry close. they support each others bizz all the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BALLISTIC BOAS
    id still rather buy from VPI than MKR anyday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BALLISTIC BOAS
    According to MKR. I have never seen Dave or Tracy say they work with MKR.

They sold MKR a bunch or animals when they first got started but I have never heard of them working together on any projects.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast