Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,249

1 members and 2,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Morph King Reptiles . . .

Well put everyone.......I am in no way sticking up for either side here......however. You should never spend that much money on anything without looking into it more. Did MKR lie? who knows........if they did......then lesson learned by him and everyone on this forum.....LOL.......However.......I dont see how this can be put on this open forum like this with these kinds of statements without the proof to back them. There was a forum sued for this very thing not to long ago. Just something to think about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcaustralia
    care to share what it was?
    I'd rather not... it was about someone else's deal with them...
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    So anyone should be able to state that ANYTHING is FACT on this site? Last time I checked this site was all about distributing correct information not speculation, rumors, and unsupported 'facts'.....or did I miss something?

.....I should quote you the next time someone comes around stating improper care of an animal is ok and people tell them they are wrong....

It is very easy for most people to play devil's advocate all the time......but with a little more work, someone can contribute constructively in order to benefit their community
    There is a big difference between proper care for an animal and a thread that is all here-say and speculation from the get go. If you want proof, go to the BOI (although I would say it doesn't exist there much anymore). Are you implying that I play devil's advocate all the time and don't constructively contribute? If so, you might want to do some research on that subject.

Thanks

From what I gather, MKR has it on their website that here is no such thing as a visual blush. Only a blush albino.

Now, if they told him this snake was a visual blush ALSO het for albino, he got screwed.

IF they told him this was a het for blush albino, then the price can be whatever they want and Andre is out of luck.

It all come down to this.

Was this a blush het albino or het blush albino?

Just the way it's worded can mean 2 seperate things. Car salesman doublespeak if you ask me.

Thanks

Ok, I know Andre, not TOO much, but I know this, and I'm sure he will back me up...

He bought a snake from MKR that is supposed to be a Yellow Blush HET albino. They told him Yellow Blush is a recessive trait. So what they did was sell him a snake that should make 100% het for Yellow Blush when bred to a normal. No Het Yellow Blush Albino, just yellow blush het NORMAL ALBINO
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpkid
    Ok, I know Andre, not TOO much, but I know this, and I'm sure he will back me up...

He bought a snake from MKR that is supposed to be a Yellow Blush HET albino. They told him Yellow Blush is a recessive trait. So what they did was sell him a snake that should make 100% het for Yellow Blush when bred to a normal. No Het Yellow Blush Albino, just yellow blush het NORMAL ALBINO
    If that is the case, he got shafted.

Thanks

So......the next question is this:

Did they sell him the snake before or after it was proven not a morph.......has it been completely proven not a morph?

I am asking seriously......Not picking fights here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpkid

What are you talking about? Yellow blush albinos are normal albinos, only with the yellow blush trait displayed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MKR
    Wes thought we had a new line of Axanthics the first time a Homozygous (HXIX) snake hatched, but after a few weeks, it went from a greenish grey to a brownish color. Imagine how this morph could affect Clowns who fade as they age or Pastels that brown out. They could be more yellow as adults than as hatchlings! We are very proud of both the Yellow Blush and the HXIX and feel that they are a “must have” in any serious connoisseur’s collection.
    Sounds like there are visual yellow blushes to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I remember when Andre was actually buying that snake and there was a rather long discussion about its genetics. Whether MKR misrepresented the animal or not, I can tell you that Andre sincerely believed he was getting a "double morph" animal.

A "new morph" called "yellow blush," which the animal was supposedly homozygous for.....AND also het for Albino. Supposedly, a double-homozygous "yellow blush albino" would produce a nearly solid yellow snake, as opposed to the typical yellow and white albino we usually see.

Did MKR intentionally lie and misrepresent the animal as a "proven morph" when it was not? Or did Andre simply get his facts mixed up when dealing with a slick salesman? Who knows? Maybe Andre can provide documentation that shows exactly what MKR claimed. And WHY Andre now believes the claims are false....I have no idea. So far as I know, he's still in school today and will not be able to respond to this post for a while.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the other day...I heard (and this is a FACT) that Jamie likes to sleep in pink, frilly underwear. The person that told me this is afraid to come forward, but I promise you it's true...'cause I heard it with my own ears!

Seriously....baseless hearsay is destructive. Period. It does NOTHING to prove anyone's point, and if anything, makes them look like nothing more than foolish rumor-mongers.
    -- Judy

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast