Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,981

1 members and 1,980 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

“It never gets any easer!”

Good god! I have had a really bad week! (I'm just venting here)

First off I was trying to ship out one of my snakes and found out that FedEx “will no longer ship live animals”, so I go to DHL (witch uses European shipping standards) and they “no longer ship live snakes on there overnight flights”. I was told to go to my local vet to have any reptiles or live animals shipped. So I went down there and they want to charge me ... get this... $500.00!! Then I have to have the animal in there care at the office for 1 month before shipping (I have to pay for that too) and I will be adding on $250.00 to the $500.00 I would be paying them to ship! This is total madness! I don't know what to do now!

2nd thing...
    My pantry door fell off it's hinges. No biggie deal I just call the Military Housing office and they come out and fix it free of charge... sounds like a simple fix. Nope, wrong again.

The guy gets out here and roots around the door and finds water damage from a flood we had the day we moved in. (The dish washer had a 2 inch hole in the bottom and sprayed water all over the place)
    By this time mold and mildew had set in and rotted the wood. Now that whole wall needs to be replaced. Oh it gets worse from there... So the housing guy comes to replace the wall, knocks a hole in it and says”WHAT THE !@#$” I rush over to find my whole wall filed with fly larvae!! With the water damage, the cold air out side, that wall being next to the water heater, and me having the door open for a few hours (moving in new stuff), gave any flies that came in a great place to lay there eggs when the door fell off and opened a hole in that nice, hot, steamy wall.

I never knew I had the water damage in the first place, and then to find this... EWWWWW!!! My wall has been replaced and all occupants of that wall were exterminated.

My deal with MKR fell out. So no Het Pied or Pastel coming my way. I ended up spending that money on more rats and mice.

But I do have good news. I might have some baby rats soon. My tan female looks like he has a gulf ball stuck in her tummy. I will post a photo in the feeder rodents.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Jess

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: It never gets any easer!

Sorry you've had such a bad week Jessie. Why did the MKR deal fall through?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

EEEEEWWWW!!!!! I hate maggots!!!!!!! eeew eeew eeewwwwwww!!!! My s deepest of sympathies....gross.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

At least you're in Military housing (free repairs)! I sure miss that!!!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Jess,first off sorry all of this has happened to you .Now are you allready certified thru fedex for shipping reptiles? If you are i would call your sales Rep and get that crap straightened out.This "they no longer ship live animals" sounds like either a ignorant employee lieing to you or one that does not know squat.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Yeah, I'm with Joe on this one. It took me several weeks to get certified, and I just got certified.....so unless they just changed their policy last week, then yer bein' lied to. I got a coupla liars too, before I got a holda my rep..
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

Re: “It never gets any easer!”

I'm not certified. I asked about that and I was told the same thing, That they do not ship live animals nor are they certifieing any one any more for shipping live animals.

UPS was shipping reptiles for quite a while but something happened that I dont know about or heard about and they stoped shipping reptiles as well.
    I have an account with DHL but I can nolonger use it to ship animals. This sucks.

EDIT: So how do I go about getting certified with FedEx?

I tryed asking and the guy there keept saying the same thing then lied right to my face,"Who ever told you we certified people for shipping reptiles is lieing to you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4theSNAKElady
    Yeah, I'm with Joe on this one. It took me several weeks to get certified, and I just got certified.....so unless they just changed their policy last week, then yer bein' lied to. I got a coupla liars too, before I got a holda my rep..
    Wow you were actually able to speak to your account Rep :eek: .I am still waiting to speak to mine,i mean its only been like 2yrs now .So when i ever have a problem i go directly to the Supervisior over the account Reps.Of course i always here "your account rep will contact you in the next day" i promise .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessie_k_pythons
    I'm not certified. I asked about that and I was told the same thing, That they do not ship live animals nor are they certifieing any one any more for shipping live animals.

UPS was shipping reptiles for quite a while but something happened that I dont know about or heard about and they stoped shipping reptiles as well.
    I have an account with DHL but I can nolonger use it to ship animals. This sucks.

EDIT: So how do I go about getting certified with FedEx?

I tryed asking and the guy there keept saying the same thing then lied right to my face,"Who ever told you we certified people for shipping reptiles is lieing to you."
    Jess, that person whom you spoke to must be a lost cause then.Tommorow call the fedex number and ask to speak to either a supervisior over the inside sales Reps or James Brown.If they start asking you why you prefere to speak to someone else then them tell them you are tired of being lied to point blank.You might have to leave a message for the Supervisior or James Brown to get back with you though.If you do not have a returned call within 2 days call again.Do not let them put you in contact with the animal division of fedex because they are TOTALY IDIOTS! If you do not have anything by this Wednsday pm me and i will search thru my papers and find the direct numbers for a few of the bigshots at fedex .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: It never gets any easer!

I just got certified by fed ex on friday.

fed ex customer service 1 800-463-3339 (they can give you the number for your area rep and set up your business account)
    fed ex live animal desk 1 800-405-9050 (I got the number for my rep from these guys they will tell you that you can ship live harmless reptiles business to business.)
    fed ex packaging design (where you have to ship your test package) 1 800-633-7019

I was certified in about a week and a half. First you call fed ex and set up a business account then you have to call your area sales rep and they will tell you where to download the test package application and you call the packaging design place in Memphis and get everything set up and you call and have fed ex come pick up the package free of charge and after your package is inspected you call your area rep back and they get in touch with the legal department and they have you sign the waiver that says you will only ship business to business and fed ex isn't liable for your shipments. After they get that back your good to go. All done for me in less than a week and a half.

This is all the info you need. If you need to know how to prepare the package I can help with that too. I even have the pictures fed ex took of my box and the contents. I packaged it exactly how the packaging tester told me too and was accepted right away within 3 days what took so long was the legal department getting in touch with me. Let me know if you need any more help.

David
    "I promise only one more snake, or two"

Prairieland Reptiles
    David Suess/Jodi Wendt