Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,392

3 members and 3,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prosperity Game

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Prosperity Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mendel's Balls
    ... that you keep bumping (a violation of TOS, I believe....)
    There's nothing in the TOS that says a person can't continue to add new thoughts or comments to an existing thread.

You're certainly entitled to your thoughts, and have the right to express them here...but you also have the freedom to not bother clicking on a thread you know you don't care to read.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    There's nothing in the TOS that says a person can't continue to add new thoughts or comments to an existing thread.

You're certainly entitled to your thoughts, and have the right to express them here...but you also have the freedom to not bother clicking on a thread you know you don't care to read.
    Thanks for clarifying the TOS for me.....I guess its only technically a "bump" when you "blatantly" admit its a bump.....such as I did here in this thread.
    ~ 1.0.0 Python regius ~ Wild-type ~
    ~
    1.0.0 Canis familiaris ~ Blue Italian Greyhound ~

~ 0.0.9 Danio rerio~ Wild-type and Glofish

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

mendel i'm not bumping up this thread... rather i'm keeping the 'train of thought' in one thread... just as i have done in the past with drake my hog island. rather than starting a new thread all the time (and for my own ease of finding it within the archives) i choose to have everything in one place.

it doesn't bother my reality in the slightest that you choose to believe what you believe. this thread is here, however for those of us who do choose to believe in this.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

found these videos which i loved watching... thought you might like to see them if you are interested in "The Secret".

Bob responds to some of the questions people have as to how this all works. Personally, for me... the bottom line is really creating more happiness in my life and if being grateful for what I experience every moment of every day brings me more joy and more things to be grateful for... then it's workin'!

http://www.healthynewage.com/blog/the-secret-critical/
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Okay having tried the Prosperity Game, I don't care for it. It just felt very fake, like instead of getting up and going to do stuff that would help me in real life, I would instead sit and wish for things to be better. Buying stuff and paying bills with fake money, in hopes that it somehow makes better things happen struck me a false front.
    I'd rather concentrate on where I'm going, instead of playacting and wishing.
    Your bit about writing down what you want in life, your goals and such is a great one. It gives someone focus, and focus can inspire you to work harder towards that goal. Planning out how to get to there from the currant state is all-important though.
    Thinking positive thoughts will make you feel better, but you have to be careful you don't slip too far and decide that the Pollyanna approach will "make it happen".
    Most of the stuff you posted is too "Just wish really hard and it will happen" instead of "think positive and work hard and it will happen". That's the main issue I have with it.
    Moderation in everything is key. Mentally picturing what you want, whether it is a beautiful home, or a clean full snake room can help you feel good, and if you feel good, you can do more to make it happen. Going overboard would be sitting to picture that, then NOT going ahead with the work part, which most of those sites don't mention.
    Wishes are all well and good, but if you won't work towards it, you'll soon wonder if you can eat wishes.
    I'm glad that you want everyone to feel more positive, and I always do read the thread, and check out the links generally. I love having someone around that IS positive and helpful. I tend to be pessimistic, but then I'm rarely disappointed, and often pleasantly surprised this way.
    I've started simply "feeling in a better mood" and it helps me to mentally "force" myself to be in a good mood. It doesn't change my life. But if I am in a good mood, I am MORE likely to get up to clean the snake room, or build a new cage, or just do laundry. As more chores and projects get done, I feel even better, and I do more. It's a good cycle, and ANYTHING that starts that cycle is a good thing.
    Thanks, and big hugs!
    Wolfy the eternally cheerful pessimist
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

i think you hit the nail on the head. so many people look at 'thinking positive' and 'doing affirmations' and using the tools of 'the secret' as all you need to make great things happen in your life. it isn't. it's a tool. it's a beginning step for someone who sits at home and thinks... "oh man my life sucks, i have no money/love etc'.

we all know changing our attitude towards something is the first step in changing our lives. if i want to be a doctor... and yet i sit at home telling myself i'm stupid and never attending classes... then i'm not going to be a doctor, no matter how much i wish it were true.

but... if i change my perspective and start saying "i'm smart and i can do this is!" and then apply myself to the challenge. taking extra classes, getting accepted to the university etc... then i can make that dream come true.

too many people think that this is all about just wishing it were true and let's face it... that's not the case.

i found the prosperity game good at first... removing any blockages i had to receiving... but once i worked through them, i found the game - well - silly actually. i didn't have the money so spending 50,000 in one day wasn't assisting me anymore. so i stopped. the key here is... get what you need from it and moved on.

i enjoy sharing any little insights i find to creating a happier life... i'm taking some online buddhism classes right now and although all the lessons don't feel good... i know they are necc for me to grow as a person. but simply reading the classes and not doing the work isn't going to get me anywhere that's for sure.

honestly, it doesn't matter to me if anyone reads this thread - but, if taking the time to post it assists one person to create a happier life for themselves... then it's worth my time and effort.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

oh and just so you know... i don't 'do' any of these things exclusively... i'm very eclectic in my beliefs. i take what i like and leave the rest. finding what resonates with me in that moment and using it to benefit my life. sorry if i wasn't clear about that. :eek:
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I wasn't really clear on it either, but the little boost I felt on seeing a check pop up made me think about the way I constantly worried. I decided to not worry so much about the upcoming paycheck. Instead I "assumed" my paycheck would come, and just worked. If I lose my job THEN I'll worry about the paycheck thing.
    That actually DID help me. So I got one small boost from that game, but other than that, it did feel silly. With everything in my life, especially the past 3 years, even the tineiest of boost is significant to me. SO... thanks for the silly prosperity game thingy.
    Also, your sig cracked me up and I had to share it with a few folks. There's confirmed case #2 of you improving SOMEONE'S life. Even if it is just a grumpy anti-social fat chick like me.
    Wolfy
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

and there you go... making my day brighter with your post... ahhhhhh i love life!
    in light, Aleesha

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't life grand??

Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123